Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dyson Hand Held Repair

• 03-02-2019 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have a Dyson hand held, about 2 years old. Used but not massively. Lately it is working very strange.

So plug it in to wall mount, it will charge. Take it down and use for maybe 1 min and then it cuts out.

If I put it back into wallmount and light is flashing if I try to use again it won't work, so if I keep pushing it in & out then after maybe 2-5 times when inserted the light will stay solid

I can then start it again and it will work. It could work then for 5-10 mins or till battery dies.

Just wondering if anyone knows whats up? or do companies repair?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,933 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Check that the brush head and the solid tube are clear of debris, particularly at the junction of tube and head.
    Then the usual of clean filter and disassemble and clear the interior mesh and cyclone generator(paint brush is great for that).
    There are plenty of how-to videos available if you Google your model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

banie01 wrote: »
    Check that the brush head and the solid tube are clear of debris, particularly at the junction of tube and head.
    Then the usual of clean filter and disassemble and clear the interior mesh and cyclone generator(paint brush is great for that).
    There are plenty of how-to videos available if you Google your model.

Yeah its all cleaned out. I blocked it before and fixed it.

Even if blocked it wouldn't start working again by just pushing it back into the wall charger...

I first though it was battery but if that was the case it wouldn't work again if the battery was not charged....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Yeah its all cleaned out. I blocked it before and fixed it.

Even if blocked it wouldn't start working again by just pushing it back into the wall charger...

I first though it was battery but if that was the case it wouldn't work again if the battery was not charged....

Could the battery have faded through being left charged/uncharged but not used regularly?

We have 2 and the battery on the first one deteriorated after approx 2 years - it was heavily used.

Could there be a poor connection to the power supply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Marcusm wrote: »
    Could the battery have faded through being left charged/uncharged but not used regularly?

We have 2 and the battery on the first one deteriorated after approx 2 years - it was heavily used.

Could there be a poor connection to the power supply?

It’s strange, maybe I didn’t explain
    Take out and use for 1 min
    Hoover stops
    Go back to wall mount, push in and out a few times....takes maybe 20 seconds
    Get solid blue light
    Use hoover till battery dies which is standard amount I always got from it

Now today I had to repeat the push in & out 2 times

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

Needs new battery same happened mine and Dyson sent new battery as it was under two years old

• Advertisement

Check the charger contacts are clean and the connectors are tightly connected, if you're having to plug and unplug several times to get a clear charge light.
    otherwise as above the battery isn't taking a charge any more.

Advertisement