Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of The Rings - The Fellowship of The Wolf: Werewolf Sign-Up Thread 13/1/19

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote: »
    Never read the books but felt the films were good. I gave up the franchise half way through the hobbit 1 and was never tempted by sequels to it.

I want to be the role of the tower that houses sorans all seeing eye.
    if you can make that happen, in.

We'll see what we can do.
    Pter wrote: »
    Are there any clock characters?

Wouldn't exactly be canonical...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

In

Are the books worth a read yeah? Read The Hobbit but couldn't watch the films, im a snob for sticking to source material

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

In

Are the books worth a read yeah? Read The Hobbit but couldn't watch the films, im a snob for sticking to source material

Yes, a big fan of the LotR books. The Hobbit book was a bit too childishly aimed for my tastes and personally didn't enjoy much. I've never bothered with The Hobbit movies. The Hobbit book is about 1/4 the size of one volume of LotR (of which there are three volumes in total), yet somehow they stretched it out to three films. A blatant marketing gimmick that I wanted nothing to do with.

Warning, there is a bit of "poetry" in the books, which you can skip over if they're not your thing, as they don't impact the story that much. Those bits are probably the bits that put people off the books. I like them though as they add to the sense of history and the world that was created, as do the appendices of the books which hold loads of cool information about the world and its history - if you're into that sort of thing.

That was one of my biggest issues with the movies, the book has like 150 pages how do you make that 9hrs of screen time?

Ill have to give them a read alright, ASOIAF (the Game of Thrones books) had songs strewn into them all over the place and i'd no issue skipping them so ill be grand on the poetry I reckon :D

Have you read the Silmarillon or any of the other lore books?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Have you read the Silmarillon or any of the other lore books?

Oh yes!! :o

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Oh yes!! :o

Fair play to ya is all ill say, "dense" was my mothers summary :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

In

The hobbit book was fun. The hobbit movies were fun.

That is the correct way of looking at it IMO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

In please.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Updated Sign Ups:
    1. fixxxer
    2. tritium
    3. Kolido
    4. MrsFlushdraw
    5. duffman13
    6. kitten_k
    7. quickbeam
    8. Lord TSC
    9. Rikand
    10. Ficheall
    11. sKeith
    12. Digital Solitude
    13. Drumpot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I thought everyone read these books? Huh. The ring trilogy are fantastic. Hobbit is good but mercifully short. Silarillion is.... challenging.

Just an updated sign-up list:

1. fixxxer
    2. tritium
    3. Kolido
    4. MrsFlushdraw
    5. duffman13
    6. kitten_k
    7. quickbeam
    8. Lord TSC
    9. Rikand
    10. Ficheall
    11. sKeith
    12. Digital Solitude
    13. Drumpot
    14. Strawberry Milkshake

Loads of time, loads of places left....

Count me in

Bump, 14 players in - more to join I hope! Sign ups open till Friday 11th January!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Not 100% sure I can commit to this now as my new job starts just after New Year. I can't take the pi$$ and be on this right away. If I can play in evenings, that will be grand, but apart from lunch break I wont really get on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Nigel WW BH signing up!

Was always going to but waited to see how drained I'd be after the last game. FKN very drained is the answer but twas great fun and I loved reading these books when I was younger

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Not 100% sure I can commit to this now as my new job starts just after New Year. I can't take the pi$$ and be on this right away. If I can play in evenings, that will be grand, but apart from lunch break I wont really get on.

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

In please

Just an updated sign-up list:

1. fixxxer
    2. tritium
    3. Kolido
    4. MrsFlushdraw
    5. duffman13
    6. kitten_k
    7. quickbeam
    8. Lord TSC
    9. Rikand
    10. Ficheall
    11. sKeith
    12. Digital Solitude
    13. Drumpot
    14. Strawberry Milkshake
    15. Bounty Hunter
    16. grumpylumpy
    17. deconduo
    18. MicksJaguar
    19. Ectoplasm
    20. Virtanen

Roll up, Roll Up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

In, but won't be as active as the last game.

• Advertisement

in as long as im not vig or roled or playing...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Provisionally I'm in but may have to withdraw. I really, really want to play as I'm a big LotR fan.

My job meana I can't be super active during the day but evenings and lunchtimes are a possibility. Also dying around Weds would suit me ;) Endgame is agonising!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Go on then, sign me up too

Virtanen wrote: »
    Go on then, sign me up too

I can guarantee you won't be killed night 0 this game.....

Because there isn't one :D

Mods you might throw the sign up thread into the 'new game starting' thread when ye get a chance please and thanks :)

Music was a major part of the movies, they really created some excellent orchestral music from them, here's one I quite like:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Necro wrote: »
    Music was a major part of the movies, they really created some excellent orchethays on stral music from them, here's one I quite like:

One of the best pieces.

One of the best pieces.

I also love The Fellowship piece. Talking first movie only here.

Would you be interested in giving the game a try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

Necro wrote: »
    I also love The Fellowship piece. Talking first movie only here.

Would you be interested in giving the game a try?

How does it work?

• Advertisement

How does it work?

The basic premise is that it's an RPG where players are given roles.

Through discussion on the game thread the good players have to attempt to work out who the evil players are and kill them off via a lynch each night to win.

The evils have a kill (munch) each morning and attempt to over run (gain parity) with the numbers on the side of good.

This thread:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057789174

goes into more description on the game and the premise.

This game is described as complex, and may have a number of roles comprised from this thread:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057657718

Or new ones devised by the game creators (mods) entirely.

Also, this game is run under anonymous accounts so players are generally unable to determine whether the poster has never played before or is a 40 game veteran... apart from me, as everyone knows me anon or non anon :pac:

Any further questions feel free to ask me here or via PM. :)

Advertisement