Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players to watch this (2018/2019) season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Nightmare keeper to own.

Totally. It’s not the lack of clean sheets that bother me that much, I’ve more or less resigned myself to that, it’s the lack of save points that’s really annoying.

I have him and Hennessy, been wanting to move one of them on with weeks but every week, feel there’s more pressing transfers to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Nasri. One game monster next ten annoyed at something. You'd want to see a new Nasri over time before committing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Shedite27 wrote: »
    For those of you that like to live dangerously, check out this 8.5m GK rotation for the rest of the season between Gunn and Guyata

Watford (H)
    Everton (H)
    Crystal Palace (H)
    Fulham (H)
    Cardiff (H)
    Leicester (A)
    Fulham (H)
    Burnley (A)
    Brighton (H)
    Watford (A)
    Huddersfield (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Wolves (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Bournemouth (H)
    Cardiff (A)
    Huddersfield (H)

Obviously it's not clear how secure either of their jobs are, but they're unlikely to both lose their spots at the same time

Id be surprised if Gunn keeps his place for the season.
    I woudlnt chance it unless going with a McCarthy-Gunn double up.

Even then if anyone wants dirty sheets from Southampton there's cheaper options in thw defenders.

Im looking to Bednarek for my 5th defender spot, can't see me touching anyone else, not even the best internarional right back in Europe at 4.2. :P

• Advertisement

shineon23 wrote: »
    Id be surprised if Gunn keeps his place for the season.
    I woudlnt chance it unless going with a McCarthy-Gunn double up.

Even then if anyone wants dirty sheets from Southampton there's cheaper options in thw defenders.

Im looking to Bednarek for my 5th defender spot, can't see me touching anyone else, not even the best internarional right back in Europe at 4.2. :P

McCarthy started today for anyone that cares :pac:

Bednarek is still only one at the club I'd look at, at the minute as an enabler for other moves.

Ings when fit as a 3rd striker and also to free up funds for elsewhere.

I'm not very excited about Southampton's prospects in Fantasy or reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

So Declan Rice is listed as a defender in the game, but playing cm weekly, and quite the enabler at 4.4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

So Declan Rice is listed as a defender in the game, but playing cm weekly, and quite the enabler at 4.4

Hammers rarely keep clean sheets and Rice rarely gets attacking returns. Bednarek at 3.9 would be just as effective an enabler.

Hammers rarely keep clean sheets and Rice rarely gets attacking returns. Bednarek at 3.9 would be just as effective an enabler.

Thinking a back line of

Etheridge (4.6) speroni (3.9)
    Roberston (6.6) TAA(5.2) Rice (4.4) AWB (4.0) Bednarek (3.9)

32.6m in total

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Lookman looks value if he can keep his spot. Would be interested to hear from Everton fans how likely that would be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Morzadec wrote: »
    Lookman looks value if he can keep his spot. Would be interested to hear from Everton fans how likely that would be

Best player on the pitch yesterday and should play the next game but it's 4 players fighting for two spots. Bernard lookman Walcott and richarlison.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Best player on the pitch yesterday and should play the next game but it's 4 players fighting for two spots. Bernard lookman Walcott and richarlison.

I would say fighting for 3 spots.

I don't know how Lookman has not started more games tbh. Has always looked dangerous when he played. Hopefully yesterdays performance will mean more game time. More importantly Richy was subbed yesterday where usually he never is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I would say fighting for 3 spots.

I don't know how Lookman has not started more games tbh. Has always looked dangerous when he played. Hopefully yesterdays performance will mean more game time. More importantly Richy was subbed yesterday where usually he never is.

Subbed before he got sent off

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Thinking about getting KDB in but not sure of his minutes. Will he experience further benchings after being out for so long with injuries?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Thinking about getting KDB in but not sure of his minutes. Will he experience further benchings after being out for so long with injuries?

I wouldn't be in a hurry to get him id imagine pep will ease him back in more after what happened after the last injury and the champions league on the horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I wouldn't be in a hurry to get him id imagine pep will ease him back in more after what happened after the last injury and the champions league on the horizon

Yeah might go for Pogba instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Yeah might go for Pogba instead.

If it’s a choice between the two, Pogba is your best choice IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

talk of Niasse joining Cardiff on loan, could be a great 3rd choice striker option for 5m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Was just about to mention Maitland-Niles (4.4) until I realised he's a midfielder in the game.
    Could still be a decent 5th mid though, playing wingback in an attacking team.

Bellerin out for the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Harvey Barnes at 5.5m
    I like the cut of his jib!
    If he stays in the team Leicester have a fantastic run of fixtures after the Spurs game

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Harvey Barnes at 5.5m
    I like the cut of his jib!
    If he stays in the team Leicester have a fantastic run of fixtures after the Spurs game

Agreed. Looked very dangerous today.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

I dunno
    TBC has popped with a lot of points lately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Tielemans 6.0mil

On watch today. Leicester good fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Tielemans 6.0mil

On watch today. Leicester good fixtures

How are his stats?

I'm on the hunt for cheapie MF

Considering Burnley's McNeil (4.4)

But wondering what are peoples' opinions on Maitland-Niles (4.4)?

He's OOP the wrong way, but for those watching games is he playing more as a wing-back than a right back and is he likely to keep his place with Bellerin out for the seaosn

He has a goal and assist either side of missing a few games. He'd be my bench fodder.

I remember a couple of seasons ago punting on Oxlade-Chamberlain toward the end of a season when he was playing as a wingback.

It's against my better judgement to buy reverse OOP but the price is tempting me.

Edit: I see I'm late the party. Spock mentioned Maitland-Niles a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'm on the hunt for cheapie MF

Considering Burnley's McNeil (4.4)

But wondering what are peoples' opinions on Maitland-Niles (4.4)?

He's OOP the wrong way, but for those watching games is he playing more as a wing-back than a right back and is he likely to keep his place with Bellerin out for the seaosn

He has a goal and assist either side of missing a few games. He'd be my bench fodder.

I remember a couple of seasons ago punting on Oxlade-Chamberlain toward the end of a season when he was playing as a wingback.

It's against my better judgement to buy reverse OOP but the price is tempting me.

Edit: I see I'm late the party. Spock mentioned Maitland-Niles a few weeks ago.

Both are good options, as you say Niles is essentially a wing back. But for just a little more you could get Kolasinac who is even more attacking would get cleany points. I know it's a different position but worth considering just for fund distribution.

McNeil seems a bargain, nailed and heavily involved in Burnley's attack, great underlying stats.

McNeil looks the better option but you can't go wrong with either for that price - I would consider your chip strategy around the blanks and doubles however. If it's looking like FH in 31 and having doublers in your main squad for 32 than Niles might be ultimately the better way to go

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    This is needed

So far on mine

Rico - Fulham
    I'll be interested to see how they get on defensively, meant to be a good goalie, judging on the weekend he'll get in sooner rather than later

Sanchez - Spurs
    Could have scored at the weekend
    Periera - Leicester
    Again attacking potential
    Hadergjonaj - Huddersfield
    Was mentioned as an OOP defender

Brooks - Bournemouth
    Could be the best of 5m players
    Hughes - Watford
    Had two great GWs last year but other than that has shown little
    Guendouzi - Arsenal
    4.5m mid starting for arsenal. I'll have to watch him play
    Maddison - Leicester
    I think everyone is keeping an eye on him but he's in the same price bracket as Pedro, Jota, Ricki

Strikers - I haven't seen any that haven't been discussed to death, maybe Joselu as a 5m starter but if last year is any indication he's not a runner

Great calls on Brooks, Maddison and Pereira.

Advertisement