Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Inviere wrote: »
    Actually, are beer nights now retro?

Well, the most recent one most certainly was!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, thinking of a get together, themed to celebrate the 98/99 launch of the Dreamcast, 20 years ago!
    So, all things Sega but mostly Dreamcast goodness.
    What do people think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, thinking of a get together, themed to celebrate the 98/99 launch of the Dreamcast, 20 years ago!
    So, all things Sega but mostly Dreamcast goodness.
    What do people think?
    Yes, I'll bring my DC bag

Any ideas of dates that would suit folk?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,872 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Will it be like the Dreamcast episode of consolevania?

I'll try make it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Obligatory "I'd like to make this if I'm free" :D

I'm terrible at everything but it would be nice to get some multiplayer going on Typing of the Dead, MvC, THPS, MSR etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Jaysus, the 30/10/2019 is the ten year anniversary of this thread?

I'd happily have everyone over to mine if ye are up to it.

Its miles off in the future and I'm in the middle of th city centre so no excuses :D

If someone could sell me a Time Crisis machine in the meantime that would be excellent :eek:

I'm imagining having Samba De Amigo, MSR, Space Channel 5 and Crazy Taxi going, but also some MD, Saturn and, heavens forbid, MegaCD/32X action going!
    Sure, have a think again about a date, maybe late March, or earlier?
    Up to you guys.

I have a Lolita meet up sometime in March but it's during the day so I can still go in the evening.
    Confirmation in the 29th that's a Friday so definitely out for me.

How does the 8th of March suit people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,062 ✭✭✭Doge

I'd love to go up but man, the effort!

Will there chilli dogs though? Jkjk

And mustard...

Big the Cat cosplay, everyone's fav Sonic character if anyone wants to stick to the theme.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/621019689/full-big-the-cat-cosplay

Will there be
    220px-Seaman_Coverart.png
    And mustard...
    That Buffy song is gonna get stuck in my head again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm up for it if anyone can give me a lift! :P

Ohh also... I can bring two DC keyboards and a copy of Typing of the Dead if anyone fancies it?

That would be not only preferable but expected!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The 8th should be good with me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Ok planning to show up too, but you know... me & plans... :D

• Advertisement

Ooooh.

If I bring a packet of Sonic the Hedgehog curry can we please make it and can I please film it? :P

I can't consume it due to my Coeliac disease but I think it could be fun!

MrVestek wrote: »
    Ooooh.

If I bring a packet of Sonic the Hedgehog curry can we please make it and can I please film it? :P

I can't consume it due to my Coeliac disease but I think it could be fun!
    Ah yeah that could work, I'd be up for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Have to be in Dublin on the 9th so won't be at Knavecon on the 8th so should be able to make it along.

Ah yeah that could work, I'd be up for that

Yay!

Cidey, do you think we'd be allowed to use your Microwave? :P

MrVestek wrote: »
    Yay!

Cidey, do you think we'd be allowed to use your Microwave? :P

Sure
    I've been a Coeliac since the 80's, so welcome to the party pal!

We'll see what Sega treats we can come up with.
    Presumably they'll be made of enthusiasm, bright colours, disappointment and feelings of betrayal....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Inviere

We'll see what Sega treats we can come up with.
    Presumably they'll be made of enthusiasm, bright colours, disappointment and feelings of betrayal....

And with blast processing, they'll run through you quicker than that Sonic the Hedgehog Curry will...

• Advertisement

Inviere wrote: »
    And with blast processing, they'll run through you quicker than that Sonic the Hedgehog Curry will...
    You never lost your touch with the blast processing jokes! :D

Yeah there's every possibility that it's going to turn your poop blue for a while.

So... there's that.

How does the 8th of March suit people?
    My meet is the 9th so works out great

Votes for what should be played on the night, the most Sega of evenings...
    Nintendo to be banished in preference for Blast Processing as far as the eye can see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Nintendo to be banished in preference for Blast Processing as far as the eye can see!

Streets of Rage...1,2 and 3

Virtual Racing,,,I will bring the cartridge.

• Advertisement

Streets of Rage...1,2 and 3

You're a sick, sick man...
    Virtual Racing,,,I will bring the cartridge.

No need, they are already here!

Has anyone the Samba Di Amigo game/controllers, never played it, probably be absolutely crap, same for Bass Fishing.

Has anyone the Samba Di Amigo game/controllers, never played it, probably be absolutely crap, same for Bass Fishing.

I have a 3rd party set.
    I think Cosmic has a proper set as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I just got a Boulder Dash knock off for the Vic-20 that I can bring.

DinoRex wrote: »

I don't have a Vic-20 yet, so you'll have to bring that as well if that's okay.

DinoRex wrote: »

That post is likely to cause Sparks! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I should be able to make this one, I'll bring my maracas too. Maybe someone might be able to aquire an English copy of Samba de Amigo before the night in question.

I should be able to make this one, I'll bring my maracas too. Maybe someone might be able to aquire an English copy of Samba de Amigo before the night in question.

I think I have it, I'll have to go rooting in me drawers.

I should be able to attend this one.

Happy to bring console, controllers, keyboard, arcade stick etc if needed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Great, I'll bring the second Japanese game too.

• Advertisement

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I should be able to attend this one.

Happy to bring console, controllers, keyboard, arcade stick etc if needed :)

I think we're all set for consoles, but bring along anything you want, should be a blast

Cosmic Smash was it you who dropped me and Mr Vestek to the cidermans beers a good few years ago in a Honda civic?

If I was to guess it was either you amor star lord.

I can't keep up with all the username changes haha!

Put out a post for suggestions for Dreamcast games, Segaga and Cosmic Smash suggested

giphy.webp

ix5rPI.gif

If anyone is passing through town (or even farther North) is there anyone I can scab a lift off of please?

Happy to provide cash towards petrol costs etc.

I'll be driving from Lucan, not sure where Cidey lives yet but I'm happy to pick someone up along the way if I can :)

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I'll be driving from Lucan, not sure where Cidey lives yet but I'm happy to pick someone up along the way if I can :)

I'm out past the airport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Anybody gone to these GamerFest things before? Thinking I'll go with the young fella on Sunday check it out.
    https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/gamerfest-limerick-tickets-52911428507

• Advertisement

If anyone needs directions to my place for this coming Friday, let me know and I'll PM you my eircode, googlemaps should do the rest.

Advertisement