Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Windows - Sensor Replacement

Options
  • 16-02-2019 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm getting new windows and front door put in over the next two weeks and the alarm system in place at the moment is an unmonitored Phonewatch Concord. What's the best/cheapest way of getting the sensors transferred over? Are these wired or wireless?

Thanks, Griff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm getting new windows and front door put in over the next two weeks and the alarm system in place at the moment is an unmonitored Phonewatch Concord. What's the best/cheapest way of getting the sensors transferred over? Are these wired or wireless?

Thanks, Griff

Its straight forward to do as the devices on the Concord are wire free.
    Mark sensors to be removed so you know what window or door they are been returned too.
    When you open the device the alarm will activate so just put in your code to silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

altor wrote: »
    Its straight forward to do as the devices on the Concord are wire free.
    Mark sensors to be removed so you know what window or door they are been returned too.
    When you open the device the alarm will activate so just put in your code to silence.

Thanks for the help. Are they screwed in or can they just be stuck on do you know?

Thanks for the help. Are they screwed in or can they just be stuck on do you know?

Yes, should have screws in them

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They should be screwed on but I have seen velcro used by certain companies.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Thanks, I wouldn't be mad about/proficient enough to drill into the new upvc windows so I'll probably use some kind of adhesive

• Advertisement

Thanks, I wouldn't be mad about/proficient enough to drill into the new upvc windows so I'll probably use some kind of adhesive

With the base of the GE sensors 2 screws would be the better option than trying to stick onto a window frame.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I wouldn't recommend sticking them up. Certain types of adhesive may dampen the effect of inertia sensors. Others may do much more damage to your windows than a half inch screw.

Advertisement