Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought a new house need help

Options
  • 15-02-2019 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello,
    We just bought a new house and need an alarm system. Really not to sure where to start. Did our reasearch and came down that we would prefer Siemens panel. Anyone has any reccomendations where to get it and who to install it? House is in Kilkenny area. Not to sure who's good in the market as we never had to get it before. Is there a yearly fee or how does it work? We're very new with all this, and just looking for someone to give us some information. Greatly appreciated it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

Mr.Havoc wrote: »
    Hello,
    We just bought a new house and need an alarm system. Really not to sure where to start. Did our reasearch and came down that we would prefer Siemens panel. Anyone has any reccomendations where to get it and who to install it? House is in Kilkenny area. Not to sure who's good in the market as we never had to get it before. Is there a yearly fee or how does it work? We're very new with all this, and just looking for someone to give us some information. Greatly appreciated it!

Have a look at the PSA website, here is the link.
    You can search by area for local installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

altor wrote: »

The problem with that function is that not all companies are listed. Strange that. I thought all registered companies would be listed there.

Edit: Nevermind my comment i searched for an area using my phone and did not noticed the scroll feature. At first i could only see 3 companies now i see them all. Was thinking at first it was a short listing :D My bad carry on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mr.Havoc

altor wrote: »

Thanks, any chance you got any recommendations?

Not in Kilkenny, sorry.
    Have you tried local installers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Kilkenny Communications seem to be the main company operating there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most good installers would be able to install this system for you. Shop around or contact some local wholesalers. They would be able to put you in contact with installers using this equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

Received a quotation for 680e for the following: Sensors and contacts on all downstairs windows, sensors on upstairs windows. Motion sensor in Hall or landing. Control panel with back up battery in utility room, keypad and panic button in Hall, external bell and internal siren also.

Would this sound about right?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds very cheap to be honest. What equipment are you getting ?
    Is this price inclusive of VAT?
    Is the installer licenced?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

KoolKid wrote: »
    Sounds very cheap to be honest. What equipment are you getting ?
    Is this price inclusive of VAT?
    Is the installer licenced?

Inclusive of vat and also licenced installer.

Do you mean the brand of the equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

That price is way off the mark. If I were you I would be investigating where thats coming from. Thats a long way cheaper than market rates

• Advertisement

Ladjacket wrote: »
    Inclusive of vat and also licenced installer.

Do you mean the brand of the equipment?

Brand of equipment & quantities .
    Something doesn't add up there.
    If that's a regular brand like Siemens,GSD or HKC he's not even covering the cost of the equipment never mind insurance etc.

Ladjacket wrote: »
    Received a quotation for 680e for the following: Sensors and contacts on all downstairs windows, sensors on upstairs windows. Motion sensor in Hall or landing. Control panel with back up battery in utility room, keypad and panic button in Hall, external bell and internal siren also.

Would this sound about right?

Sounds good, you dont say how many windows and doors are been covered?

Advertisement