Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Lidl Pressure Cooker

Options
  • 19-10-2020 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

In early January I bought a pressure cooker from Lidl. I'd been looking at it over Christmas and had some extra cash in January so bought it. It cost €60. I can't find the receipt. I always pay by credit card and it wouldn't matter if I lost the receipt as I'd still have a record of it. Unfortunately I had some extra cash on me and used that instead.

Fast forward to June when it stopped working. Contacted Lidl who told me to contact Germany which I did. After a lot of faffing about they said they would repair it for me as they did not have a replacement. A few weeks later I get the electronic panel for the front of it in the post! I emailed and said what did they expect me to do with that as I certainly wasn't going to attempt a repair on a pressure cooker!

Sorry, they said, that was a mistake! Return the pressure cooker to us and sent me a pre-paid postage label. I did this. A month later they said it was on its way back to me. I received it a few weeks later with the arse pushed into the body of it and the bottom base off it. I sent them pics and they said, sorry, send it back to us! This I did. Another month passed and today I get an email to say they cannot repair it. Please give your bank details for a refund.

Great, I think, at last. Gave them my details and then get another email to say please provide proof of purchase!

FFS - if I had a receipt I'd have gone back to the store for a refund! :mad:
    I emailed to say that the pressure cooker was only on sale in December/January and it's still under guarantee. If they cannot repair or replace it then surely they should refund, whether or not I have proof of purchase?

Really annoyed over this. Its been dragging on since June. They spent that €60 on the three lots of parcel postage!

Is there anything I can do? They still have the pressure cooker.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Maybe try Lidl customer service again or through their Twitter page with that post above, in fairness they are normally very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If you don't have a receipt thats the end of it for many retailers including Lidl. You can often get a repair or a replacement of some items without showing a receipt but when it comes to a refund I've never heard of it without one.

However in this case Lidl somehow managed to destroy a item of yours. They can't repair it or replace it so on that bases you should be able to push through a refund.

I would contact them and say sorry I don't have proof of purchase but I do have proof and pictures that you accepted a faulty item for repair and destroyed it is that good enough?

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement