Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-10-2020, 10:41   #1
YellowLead

Public tennis courts level 5 covid restrictions

Does anybody know if public tennis courts managed by the councils will remain open? I know Tennis Ireland released a statement and the private clubs are closing - I assume the likes of Dublin City Council will lock courts like Ringsend Park courts?
Advertisement
23-10-2020, 10:43   #2
Dogg Munde

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowLead View Post
Does anybody know if public tennis courts managed by the councils will remain open? I know Tennis Ireland released a statement and the private clubs are closing - I assume the likes of Dublin City Council will lock courts like Ringsend Park courts?
All sports except at an elite level, and for children, are banned. Does that answer your question?
23-10-2020, 11:04   #3
YellowLead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogg Munde View Post
All sports except at an elite level, and for children, are banned. Does that answer your question?
I’m afraid it doesn’t. Individual training is allowed to continue. So people could go to a court alone and practice their serves for example.
23-10-2020, 11:09   #4
KaneToad

Quote:
I’m afraid it doesn’t. Individual training is allowed to continue. So people could go to a court alone and practice their serves for example.
I would be astounded if these remain open. The aim of this level 5 (whether you agree with it or not) is to limit opportunity for people to interact/cross paths.
23-10-2020, 11:14   #5
YellowLead

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneToad View Post
I would be astounded if these remain open. The aim of this level 5 (whether you agree with it or not) is to limit opportunity for people to interact/cross paths.
I would be surprised too. But I would love confirmation from somebody who has walked passed so I can know for sure.
Advertisement
23-10-2020, 12:29   #6
whiterebel

Their current advice is that ALL tennis activity ceases, including children's coaching.
23-10-2020, 12:48   #7
YellowLead

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterebel View Post
Their current advice is that ALL tennis activity ceases, including children's coaching.
So I understand this. But the government level 5 guidelines say that individual training can continue so hence my question, which I don’t think is that unreasonable to wonder about
24-10-2020, 00:13   #8
Dogg Munde

Quote:
So I understand this. But the government level 5 guidelines say that individual training can continue so hence my question, which I don’t think is that unreasonable to wonder about
I suppose it depends on how many balls you have and how many you’re prepared to lose with no one returning them. Find a handball alley and practice your serves there.
24-10-2020, 00:16   #9
YellowLead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogg Munde View Post
I suppose it depends on how many balls you have and how many you’re prepared to lose with no one returning them. Find a handball alley and practice your serves there.
True, I could practice anywhere really when it’s just serving- make my own net and draw my own line
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion