Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonald's New Order and Collect System is Rubbish!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 maviesk

Did you find the McDonalds in France absolutely disgusting? I mean its basically Tcardboard over here but in France they seem to have come up with a way to make it taste like mouldy cardboard.

They also don't have milkshakes, just some pale imitation based on a frappe..

There, I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

The only thing I buy in McDonalds is the occasional milkshake. I went in for one the other day but instead walked straight back out. I like just going up to the counter and asking for what I want. That's not possible anymore.

it is possible to order with a person at the counter.

the new machines are great for customising esp if you have grumbly monsters who dont like mutard or honions.

the best though is McDs at Dublin Airport beside the Circle K.
    the customisation is the best.
    you can change your double cheeseburger on the eurosaver menu into a quarter pounder with cheese for an extra 20 cent, by adding, tomato, lettuce, and mayo.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kfagan10

Had the misfortune of going into Grafton Street on a Saturday night a few weeks ago.

Used to be you'd queue, order and be set in a few mins. Had about a half hour wait for my order.

Obviously trying to cut staffing costs as there were maybe 2/3 people filling orders. Fair enough they are running a business, looking for max profit, and usually franchised, but it has put me off ever going in there again.

So they've saved paying a college student 9 euro an hour, but have lost repeat custom of people out on the town looking for FAST food late at night.

It's not like there's no alternative for people streaming off Harcourt Street at that hour.

In summary, it's a ****e system and will cost them more in sales than they are trying to scab off staff wages.

Disclaimer, I may go back when pissed out of my skull.

Advertisement