Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin hotel, 50% discount off overall bill if you.............

Options
  • 04-02-2015 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭

Present your Irish Water contract "application pack" made into a paper aeroplane. :D

Gotta hand it to them, this is a brilliant marketing ploy. I especially like this bit.
    Did you register for Irish Water today? If so, you are a little silly, as paying for something twice doesn't seem to make much sense. If not, don't worry! You may not get your free €100, but we will reward you just as much here at Charleville Lodge Hotel Dublin.

If you present your ‪#‎IrishWater‬ application form on check in at our hotel in the form of a paper airplane, we will give you a 50% discount on your room rate. Yes, I said 50%! So, if your bill comes to €200, you will get your €100 reward anyway! 

You need to be imaginative with your airplane though. I don't want any lame attempts! You need to book either over the phone 01 xxxxxxx or by email[/email]. Don't forget to mention you are in possession of an Irish Water airplane at the time of booking. 

‪#‎irishwaterairplane‬

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/dublin-hotel-offers-special-deals-to-customers-who-present-irish-water-application-package-in-the-form-of-a-paper-airplane-30963876.html

Haven't stayed in the particular hotel, but might just make a point of it now.

Pity I can't avail of the offer as my pack went towards lighting my stove one chilly evening in Oct.
    A Dublin hotel has attracted criticism for offering half-price rooms to people who "refuse" to pay water charges.

The offer requires the customer to present their Irish Water application pack "in the form of a paper airplane".

Upon presentation, the customer will be entitled to 50% off an overnight stay in the Phibsborough hotel.

The hotel added that customers "need to be imaginative with your airplane though", no "lame attempts" will be accepted.

How many AHers will be taking them up on their offer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

If your bill comes to €200 for a night in a hotel in Phibsboro, you're being ripped off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

1.) Register with IW online
    2.) Get half priced room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Birneybau wrote: »
    If your bill comes to €200 for a night in a hotel in Phibsboro, you're being ripped off.

It would also include alcohol I presume? Half price is half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Only mineral water unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It clearly states "on your room rate". A gimmick! And utter nonsense.

• Advertisement

It clearly states "on your room rate". A gimmick! And utter nonsense .

Much like the hundred quid conservation bribe so.........

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jas376

I'm disgusted that Rte gave it airtime on Radio 1 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jas376 wrote: »

You're easily disgusted so, RTE are in the business of news and this is news which has been covered by many news outlets today. I suppose you're outraged and insulted to boot ?

jas376 wrote: »

You should show your disgust by refusing to pay your license fee, or the next incoming curveball FG brain fart, the proposed broadband tax/broadcast charge.

That'll learn the bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Depend on how many ladies of the night you got.

• Advertisement

Much like the hundred quid conservation bribe so.........

Not for me. I have paid a group water scheme for 45 years and maintain my own waste management system. Now I'll get €100 towards the costs. Where were all these people, who say nobody should have to pay for water, up to now? They didn't give a toss because they weren't being asked to pay. Did they object to billions being taken from pension funds? No because they didn't pay in to a pension fund. Are they protesting to reduce USC? No because they don't pay any.

Oh and it still stands that the offer is the room rate only. No food or drink is covered. A gimmick still!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

It would be quite amusing if the hotel's water supply was coincidentally cut off for a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Good man. Nothing like looking on the bright side. "The b4stards, with their 50% discount.."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

K4t wrote: »
    It would be quite amusing if the hotel's water supply was coincidentally cut off for a day or two.

Mafia style? Yeah. That'd be about the height of it for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Given the public behaviour of many of those who object to paying for water, I don't think I'd want to spend a night in the same hotel that they use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Mafia style? Yeah. That'd be about the height of it for Ireland.
    You could call it retribution. You play with water, you get wet.

Not for me. I have paid a group water scheme for 45 years and maintain my own waste management system. Now I'll get €100 towards the costs.
    So you'll gladly take €100 from the state, knowing they're losing money on running Irish Water with the expected Revenue generated?
    Where were all these people, who say nobody should have to pay for water, up to now?
    Where are all the people who've been getting "free" water up til now? Who has been paying for it thus far?
    They didn't give a toss because they weren't being asked to pay.
    If they taxed a car, worked, or purchased anything with vat added on..... Guess what?
    Did they object to billions being taken from pension funds? No because they didn't pay in to a pension fund. Are they protesting to reduce USC? No because they don't pay any.
    What a stuck up your own arse opinion.

You think everyone protesting is a sponger not working, is that it?
    Oh and it still stands that the offer is the room rate only. No food or drink is covered. A gimmick still!

Its still a half price room. Unless they double the rate on the night you stay where's the gimmick?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

If it's 50% off the rack rate, then it may not be far off whatever they normally charge in their 'special offers'. Clever marketing gimmick, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Good man. Nothing like looking on the bright side. "The b4stards, with their 50% discount.."

My implication was that you wouldn't pay €200 for a room for the night in Phibsboro, but whatever you think...

Not for me. I have paid a group water scheme for 45 years and maintain my own waste management system. Now I'll get €100 towards the costs.

It's an absolutely massive stretch to say you'll get 100euro.. That's black Friday thinking.

• Advertisement

It's an absolutely massive stretch to say you'll get 100euro.. That's black Friday thinking.

Wouldn't surprise me if what they do start getting, is yearly inspections, to ensure the Wells 'adhere to some bullshıt fcukerty "they have yet to dream up.

Register away. Spend your hundred quid wisely.

Sorry, I don't follow. We will get the 100 water conservation grant.

And I have no issue with inspections of wells.

My implication was that you wouldn't pay €200 for a room for the night in Phibsboro, but whatever you think...
    A room in that hotel is currently 56 per night. A cheap city centre hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

abff wrote: »
    If it's 50% off the rack rate, then it may not be far off whatever they normally charge in their 'special offers'. Clever marketing gimmick, though.

Hmmmm rack

A room in that hotel is currently 56 per night. A cheap city centre hotel.

Perfect for a tradesman in the city for a few nights.

Cheaper than a B&B

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Perfect for a tradesman in the city for a few nights.

Cheaper than a B&B
    I rather like the idea that tradesmen installing water meters might stay there.

Given the public behaviour of many of those who object to paying for water, I don't think I'd want to spend a night in the same hotel that they use.
    I rather like the idea that tradesmen installing water meters might stay there.

I rather like what you just did there. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Presumably the hotel bar is full of people arguing that the beer should be free as it comes out of a magic keg in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,429 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

North circular road? You would want to pay me to stay there.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I don't follow. We will get the 100 water conservation grant.

And I have no issue with inspections of wells.

Oh right, I thought you meant the hundred euro saving from the hotel. My bad.

Advertisement