Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another incredibly accident prone minority chap

Comments

Haha..Knew he'd be from Limerick..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

He even looks like a right bollix.

Another event that proves getting a dash cam is a good idea.

humberklog wrote: »
    He even looks like a right bollix.
    Maybe he has a twin brother who's a left Bollix. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,602 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The poor lad. An awful run of bad fortune. Could happen to anyone

• Advertisement

The honest taxpayer will be hurted with higher insurance premiums as a result of these chancers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

HE A GRATE MAN GOD BLESS HIM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Probably living it up in his "forever home" with all his accident claim proceeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

When I saw the thread title, I was wondering which minority group we were having a go at today. Travellers again.

The Greeks get an easy ride on here. Feckin' Greeks.

751vcngsvhf11.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Sure how else can he feed the childer? getting hurted is the way to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

The honest taxpayer will be hurted with higher insurance premiums as a result of these chancers.

"hurted" ? Are you from Limerick as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

This poor woman had the case hanging over her for SIX years. Thats absolutely ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

"If you get hurted, you get hurted"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭rm75

Poor chap

10 car crashes since 2012, several falls from ladders etc

Is this Ireland's unluckiest man???

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/my-body-is-destroyed-from-people-driving-into-me-accidentprone-mans-compensation-claim-dismissed-37559489.html

As he says himself, 'If you get hurted, you get hurted' - who can argue with that logic?

Which minority is he ? Having spent a bit of time living in Galway and based on his surname i can probably guess !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

He is a perfect example of why insurance is so high.

If you fall down the stairs or crash your car or fall off a ladder it should be dealt with by saying 'tough luck, be more careful next time, here's some pain pills, off you go'.

You shouldn't get paid for being accident prone. Or worse, paid for exaggerating to a doctor about your injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭gw80

When I saw the thread title, I was wondering which minority group we were having a go at today. Travellers again.

751vcngsvhf11.jpg
    Nobody forced you to open the thread.
    The problem with people like you is nobody really buys the whole champion of minoritys shtick, it's more akin to "the enemy of my enemy, is my friend"

gw80 wrote: »
    Nobody forced you to open the thread.
    The problem with people like you is nobody really buys the whole champion of minoritys shtick, it's more akin to "the enemy of my enemy, is my friend"

The problem with people like you is that you're terribly serious altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

751vcngsvhf11.jpg

To be honest,the only "having a go" obvious here to date,is from this gentleman,who whatever his ethnicity,has apparently decided that targeting innocent 3rd parties represents a fruitful pastime.

I'm not sure if that particular group has some form of official self-policing process,whereby this lad could be dealt with internally,as opposed to costing other people time & money in defending themselves against a serial claimant.

We'll surely respond in the appropriate manner,if and when the Courts fill up with Stavros,Georgiu & Co in similar quests for the golden fleece :)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Poor devil, been robbed of his health

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Mr McDonagh was giving evidence concerning his latest compensation claim for alleged injuries in a road traffic accident in 2012 against a then 19-year-old female driver that was dismissed by Judge Gerald Keys

You'd have to feel for the poor young driver who has had a claim open against her until now, its a disaster getting insurance with an open claim against you. Even worse that it's a bogus claim...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

You'd have to feel for the poor young driver who has had a claim open against her until now, its a disaster getting insurance with an open claim against you. Even worse that it's a bogus claim...

100%

he should be punished for this. That poor girl would have had her premiums loaded since and of course been stuck with same insurance company cos nobody would have taken her.

I hope there is an avenue for redress for her on this and the 6 year wait of this hanging over her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Another event that proves getting a dash cam is a good idea.

He’d need a bodycam too. In case he falls down his own stairs again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,512 ✭✭✭✭Esel

This is a gem from him (Freudian slip?):

“I was never in a number of car accidents that were not my fault."

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^

seems thick as the wall, but fek it he's got a bigger bank account than me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I assume that he now has to pay all the legal fees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

free legal aid i reckon, no win no fee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Maybe the poor soul is a Bayou Man, speaking in tounges of his Cajun vernacular English.

No wonder he's getting hurted all the time, you would be getting hurted too
    trying to manage on uneven dry-ish land, far away from the swamps and gators.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Yep the judge awarded costs against him
    fryup wrote: »
    free legal aid i reckon, no win no fee

Ah there's no legal aid for something like this. Sure he was the one bringing the case against young Miss Kitson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

If he doesn't appeal, the judge ordered costs against him. That's about all judge could do, I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Quick google for his name and address came back with these. Wonder is it the same man?
    A COUNTY Limerick man who headbutted a car salesman after his wife bought a ‘defective‘ car from him will have to carry out community service in order to avoid a prison sentence. Gerry McDonagh, aged 49, of Fanningstown, Fedamore pleaded guilty to assaulting the salesman on October 23, last. Judge Eugene O’Kelly was told the incident happened at a dealership in the city and that the salesman’s skin was broken as a result of the assault. While he was bleeding, there was no evidence that the salesman required medical treatment in hospital following the incident. Solicitor Ted McCarthy said his client’s wife had bought a car from the dealership a few days earlier after she received an inheritance. “The vehicle proved to be defective and he returned to the garage and sought a refund, which was not forthcoming,” he said. Mr McCarthy said an argument ensued during which there was “tooing and froing”. He said McDonagh headbutted the salesman after he “took exception to what he believed was an insult” and that he “deeply regrets” his actions. After Mr McCarthy sought to submit documentation supporting his client’s contention the car was defective, Judge O’Kelly commented that if that was the case, there were “extensive avenues” open to McDonagh and that “headbutting the garage owner was not one of them”. He added that McDonagh could also have availed of consumer protection legislation. The judge said the defendant is a man who lost his temper and “clearly cannot control his actions”. After being informed that McDonagh is attending counselling and is actively seeking work, Judge O’Kelly said he would consider a community service order. He said his 200 hours is the appropriate tariff and he adjourned the case to September for a Community Service report.
    A LIMERICK man has ended his hunger strike in protest at an insurance company’s refusal to pay out on a policy for his car, which was stolen and burned out while he was in prison. Gerry McDonagh, of Fedamore, also placed a picket outside the offices of AXA Insurance on O’Connell Street in the city as part of a row over a €24,000 policy for his Toyota Auris. Mr McDonagh last week told the Limerick Leader that he would go on hunger strike “until I drop” unless the company pay out on the policy. He began his hunger strike last Saturday, only drinking “tea and water” until Monday, when he said that he stopped due to medical advice. He told the Limerick Leader that he had decided to end his picket outside AXA after consultations with his solicitor. It is understood that the dispute centres on whether or not the car was reported as stolen after it was destroyed near the then-McDonagh home in Abbeyfeale. Mr McDonagh’s son Raymond, who is serving five years in jail, told the Limerick Leader from prison this week that he stole his father’s car in July 2009, but he was not the one who burned it out. “When we was fighting with our neighbours... four or five lads were coming down to my mother’s house with hammers and slash hooks. I was in the kitchen and I says, ‘what the f*** is going on?’ “I took the car and drove it out to try and get them away from the house. My mother and my sister were inside [the house]. I knocked one of the fellas over, but I crashed the car because they threw a brick through the window.” He said that it was this group of men, who “were with the fellas we was fighting with”, who burned out the car, which he abandoned on the roadside. Gerry McDonagh said that he received “great support” from motorists and passers-by during his two-day picket. “People were offering to buy me coffee. I was after coming out of the radio station [Live 95FM] and one woman pulled up in a black BMW and asked me if I wanted money. I said ‘yeah, €24,000’”. A spokesperson for AXA Insurance declined to comment.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    If he doesn't appeal, the judge ordered costs against him. That's about all judge could do, I'm afraid.

LoL... Best of luck collecting those...:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Hunger strike "until I drop" and lasts two days whilst sipping tea

They don't make hunger strikers in Ireland like they used to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

mikemac2 wrote: »

:D:D:D

Nor car thefts. His son robbed the car, crashed it after the other lot (with slash hooks and hammers) threw a brick through the car window, but he swears he didn't burn it out!

mikemac2 wrote: »

Last year, a Donegal man staged a hunger strike outside the Dáil, in protest at the abortion referendum. He lasted an impressive 11 days, taking a break only for lunch and dinner every day. No breakfast though, because that would be breaking his fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

McDonagh

• Advertisement
Advertisement