Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The show the Miz first made is name on The Real World is having a huge reunion revival on Peacock starting on the 4th in one way I'm surprised Peacock and The WWE aren't doing a tie in for when the Network goes live on Peacock later in the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

spoiler :D

bobby wins the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bobby Lashley loves his 9pm deadlines

Sheamus vs Drew Ireland vs Scotland nice good old fashioned brawl hopefully

Miz going with the cowardly option

Wtf braun teaming with Adam Pearse

• Advertisement

Yep Braun vs Shane is happening at Mania

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Fake Orton on the TV talking to real Orton due to Bliss and her magic jack in the box has to be up there with Warrior appearing in the mirror to Hogan in WCW in 98 for the finest of wrestlecrap, it's so bad. Raw is always good for a laugh of a Tuesday morning in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Fake Orton on the TV talking to real Orton due to Bliss and her magic jack in the box has to be up there with Warrior appearing in the mirror to Hogan in WCW in 98 for the finest of wrestlecrap, it's so bad. Raw is always good for a laugh of a Tuesday morning in fairness.

Right!? And people will actively argue that it's good and that we're all biased and crazy for pointing out how awful it actually is!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Right!? And people will actively argue that it's good and that we're all biased and crazy for pointing out how awful it actually is!

I can think something is crap but enjoy it.

I can think something is crap but enjoy it.

Dude, what? How does that work?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Dude, what? How does that work?

I find enjoyment in it, I acknowledge that it's not everyone's cup of tea, I know it's trash. Like how people enjoy reality TV but acknowledge it's awful

Like during the draft one year I created a roster full and dedicated to this type of Shenanigans

I find enjoyment in it, I acknowledge that it's not everyone's cup of tea, I know it's trash. Like how people enjoy reality TV but acknowledge it's awful

Like during the draft one year I created a roster full and dedicated to this type of Shenanigans

I mean my only thing with that would be that WWE is a brand within a genre, reality TV is itself a genre. So within that genre you might have really good Reality TV shows, and you might have really bad reality TV shows. Equally, within pro wrestling, you might have really good pro wrestling shows, and really bad pro wrestling shows (Raw being the worst).

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

So the whole show is being judged on one 3-4 min segment? Out of 180 min (or even 150 without the ads, give or take).. So 3 min of 150 min is 2% of the show!

What about the Sheamus/Drew match? Where they kicked the crap out of each other for 20-25 min?

And again, people have called for new match ups and challengers - last night crowned a First Time Champ in Lashley! And yet, LOB comes on here, as he does every week and focused on the 2% of the show which was trash!

daithi1989 wrote: »
    So the whole show is being judged on one 3-4 min segment? Out of 180 min (or even 150 without the ads, give or take).. So 3 min of 150 min is 2% of the show!

What about the Sheamus/Drew match? Where they kicked the crap out of each other for 20-25 min?

And again, people have called for new match ups and challengers - last night crowned a First Time Champ in Lashley! And yet, LOB comes on here, as he does every week and focused on the 2% of the show which was trash!

There's literally a man who is possessed and now there's 2 of him on screen. Who in the name of God would not focus on that? And it's not even one of their dumb undercard guys, it's one of their "stars" whose going into one of the top billed matches at Wrestlemania! So yes, the 2% of the show where there's now an "Evil" Orton to go alongside "Regular" Orton did rather catch my attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I remember a time when the RAW thread was buzzing when the show was live. Pages of people posting.

Granted, we are going back to 2011-2014. One could argue more people were out of work due to recession. But covid is here and a lot of people are out of work too yet the pages do be baron by comparison :p

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

Are we getting Strowman vs Shane O Mac at Wrestlemania?

I mean my only thing with that would be that WWE is a brand within a genre, reality TV is itself a genre. So within that genre you might have really good Reality TV shows, and you might have really bad reality TV shows. Equally, within pro wrestling, you might have really good pro wrestling shows, and really bad pro wrestling shows (Raw being the worst).

Look for me the Fiend Bliss Orton stuff is more interesting than Shane getting thrown of something because he's facing Braun.

It's different it's silly and inside the world of WWE is allowed. The world of Bland that WWE (Smack down is slightly better than Raw) have created makes me as a viewer lean into the more wrestle crap stuff. Very little is real or passionate so the mental entertains me

Bobby winning is great aswell he's been booked well but his reliance on MVP might hold him back. I hope not

But under that the womens division is in a constant holding pattern, and the low - midcard is non existent. There are no stories that interest me as WWE is very much I want that now, I don't like you, book 50-50 no one looke better rinse repeat

It's different strokes for different folks and in a 3 hour show they throw everything at it so some people will like something but not everyone will like everything. Most TV shows have the A story the B story and the C story, all to keep interest or just create time and space for the others. I mightn't like the A line this week but B and C hook me in I mightn't like the C one week but the A and B are interesting

Look for me the Fiend Bliss Orton stuff is more interesting than Shane getting thrown of something because he's facing Braun.

It's different it's silly and inside the world of WWE is allowed. The world of Bland that WWE (Smack down is slightly better than Raw) have created makes me as a viewer lean into the more wrestle crap stuff. Very little is real or passionate so the mental entertains me

Bobby winning is great aswell he's been booked well but his reliance on MVP might hold him back. I hope not

But under that the womens division is in a constant holding pattern, and the low - midcard is non existent. There are no stories that interest me as WWE is very much I want that now, I don't like you, book 50-50 no one looke better rinse repeat

I mean, if you're into Wrestlecrap current WWE might be the absolute peak of your wrestling fandom. If that's what you like I'm not gonna criticise you for it, everyone has their thing. If you've not already watched it, Jim Herd era WCW and latter day WCW might also be up your alley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'd love to see how the people giving out here would have reacted to May Young giving birth to a hand way back. Or any of the other ridiculous storylines that ran back when I watched religiously.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I mean, if you're into Wrestlecrap current WWE might be the absolute peak of your wrestling fandom. If that's what you like I'm not gonna criticise you for it, everyone has their thing. If you've not already watched it, Jim Herd era WCW and latter day WCW might also be up your alley.

And yet, you also continue to follow Raw.... I’ve lost count now on how many weeks in a row you have come on here on Tuesday’s and just lambasted everything WWE produced the night before..

Honestly, if you dislike the product this much, why come back and watch it week in, week out?

• Advertisement

I've read your posts on WWE and I'd bday we agree on more than we disagree on. It's just in the world of meh I find entertainment in the odd where you don't like it. That's grand different strokes for different folks. And the odd has to be in context aswell I liked the Undertakers shenanigans, but the boogieman could be a stretch.
    But in the same vain I like Kurt Angle but when they tried to turn Jack Swagger into him light it didn't work for me because he wasn't his own person ( and he wasn't and maybe never will be ready for that level)

I like lots of different things I find wrestling to be like a tin of roses some stuff I like some stuff I don't and some stuff I'll try because it's different

And yet, you also continue to follow Raw.... I’ve lost count now on how many weeks in a row you have come on here on Tuesday’s and just lambasted everything WWE produced the night before..

Honestly, if you dislike the product this much, why come back and watch it week in, week out?

Two reasons. I see everything. And I like to test my own threshold for pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

In my opinion I find all these moments really dilute any serious moments. After the Firefly Funhouse match at Mania, they brought out Lesnar and McIntyre, and I thought how the feck am I supposed to take this as a serious contest.

The suspension of disbelief and illusion is ruined when you have this fantasy stuff.

I've read your posts on WWE and I'd bday we agree on more than we disagree on. It's just in the world of meh I find entertainment in the odd where you don't like it. That's grand different strokes for different folks. And the odd has to be in context aswell I liked the Undertakers shenanigans, but the boogieman could be a stretch.
    But in the same vain I like Kurt Angle but when they tried to turn Jack Swagger into him light it didn't work for me because he wasn't his own person ( and he wasn't and maybe never will be ready for that level)

I like lots of different things I find wrestling to be like a tin of roses some stuff I like some stuff I don't and some stuff I'll try because it's different

Sure, and honestly I can't get too worked up at that because you like what you like and where that's consistent then there's not much anybody can say.

Personally this stuff turns me off the product. And I think it creates all sorts of cohesion issues with story and world building. And I think it looks so dumb that you have to be fully ingrained in WWE to find any joy in it. In oh so many ways I hate it that, to go in depth on it, would actually take me hours of writing.

But really the only thing fan wise that winds me up is when people try to tell me "actually it's good because..." and they twist themselves in knots trying to make a case for it being high art. You accept you're watching wrestlecrap, fair enough really.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't know about the rest of ye, but I feckin' loved the kayfabe Undertaker and Kane stuff when I was a kid. The fire, the darkness, the urn, their whole ridiculous soap opera back story, it was the best part of WWF when I was getting into wrestling. Even the stuff with Gangrel and the Brood was cool. Put yourself in the shoes of the younger viewers for those segments and embrace a bit of the magic and mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hurt Business is the best stable in all of wrestling right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I don't know about the rest of ye, but I feckin' loved the kayfabe Undertaker and Kane stuff when I was a kid. The fire, the darkness, the urn, their whole ridiculous soap opera back story, it was the best part of WWF when I was getting into wrestling. Even the stuff with Gangrel and the Brood was cool. Put yourself in the shoes of the younger viewers for those segments and embrace a bit of the magic and mystery.

I know where you are coming from, but at that time the whole show was wacky and wild with dark undertones coming from a cartoony era.

Whereas now Superstars are presented as this realistic characters, with not alot of gimmicks or flavour. Everyone has their name and wears black tights for the most part.

Then you have The Fiend, who was such a departure initially it was great. But time and time again they have made the character a joke with their goo. He doesn't seem menacing , he is just a d!Ckhead in a mask now.

I like AEW wanting to stay away from fantasy ( Hardy teleportation stuff was an admitted mistake)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ah yeah, no point arguing with this sort of sh1te. It's LOB's idea of wrestling or your opinion is worthless.

Seriously, what is your problem with people liking different things to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Had to laugh at Adam Pearce telling Miz he had until 10 Eastern. I know it was done for the tv audience but would be like me saying to someone "I'll meet you at the cinema at 8 GMT".

Was wondering if they would go ahead with the title change. Was surprised when I realised Lashley never held the title considering some of the former champions. With the way they've booked him over the past months, he can go on to be a dominant champion. of course he just lost the US title to Riddle which kinda diminishes things.
    I don't know if it was a callback, but Retribution not throwing Miz back in the ring might be because of their history with the Hurt Business. Likely they just didn't care.

So Bad Bunny now has his own entrance with graphics and all and gets it played when he's just accompanying Priest? Why didn't anyone try to pin him for the title the whole time he was out there?

Wow, big surprise that Charlotte has decided to put herself in the title match at Mania

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Me too. People like different things, it is what it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement