Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach rod recomendations

Options
  • 01-03-2021 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking at getting a beachcaster. My budget is 200 euro max. My fishing normally is lure or fly-fishing. I haven't done that much serious bait fishing in the past but looking to do some this summer and possibly camping aswell when the good weather comes in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

The newer 3 piece continental rods are fantastic. Very easy to cast and brilliant bite detection. Should be plenty of the older top end rods around second hand for under your budget.
    Still plenty of new rods too for that price.
    It's a few years old now but the 15ft Trabucco Poetica is a beast of a rod. Feels a little flimsy in the hand but strap on a reel and a 4/5 oz lead and you really see what it's about. I paid €350 for a new one when they came out first and bought another for €130 second hand a few years ago.
    I've had double and triple dogs, hounds and big ray on mine and it's a pleasure to fish with.
    It'll do for everything bar rough ground. Not the best rod for small flats close in but it'll do the job.
    Theres a massive amount of the conti rods available that are perfect for Irish beach fishing from €100 upto €1000.

Advertisement