Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alignment

Options
  • 10-02-2021 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Ok this is a question about planetary alignments: How long can two planets stay in relative* alignment? I guess it depends how close planets are to the sun and how close they are to each other... I suppose, for example, how much time can Earth and Mars stay in alignment? Hours? Weeks?

(I should insert here I have no real knowledge of space and how things work)

*Relative is being used here to mean not direct alignment but within 2 degrees of each other, where the sun is the centre. Is 2 degrees a lot? In terms of space?

I've tried googling it but I don't think I'm searching for the right thing...

Please help. My brain is unable to process this.

Advertisement