Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Centrum Advance Multivitamin Tablets, 100-Count for €8

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Would there be a difference between these and the cheap ones in Aldi/Lidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭randomstuff

Italix wrote: »

I use the aldi ones only €1 for a month supply I’ve been using them and I feel great

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Italix wrote: »

Doubt it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Check the amount of vitamin in the tablets. Cheap is cheap for a reason in most cases

• Advertisement

Check the amount of vitamin in the tablets. Cheap is cheap for a reason in most cases

Well the Aldi one are A-Z of vitamin and I agree cheap is cheap for a reason but something items can be good value for money also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

I also use the Aldi one's, I presume a 100% of a vitamin is the same no matter what you pay.
    But that's being presumptuous, I'm sure someone smart will chime in with the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Are multi vitamins not a bit of a gimmick? If you get a balanced diet you really don't need to be taking these tablets?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

physioman wrote: »
    Are multi vitamins not a bit of a gimmick? If you get a balanced diet you really don't need to be taking these tablets?

Even with a balanced diet a large percentage of Irish people are D deficient especially in latter half of winter. Definitely worth taking D but should be oil capsule for bioavailability. And B12 if you're veggie or vegan. Other than that unless you have a particular issue you're probably correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

I use the aldi ones only €1 for a month supply I’ve been using them and I feel great

More synthetic vits maybe and probably lower amounts or silly amounts.

All makers are guilty of silly amounts, if you're pee is orange I wouldn't take it.

• Advertisement

Even with a balanced diet a large percentage of Irish people are D deficient especially in latter half of winter. Definitely worth taking D but should be oil capsule for bioavailability. And B12 if you're veggie or vegan. Other than that unless you have a particular issue you're probably correct.
    Can't absorb D without the real form of A aswell I think it is.

Need to check.

vargoo wrote: »
    More synthetic vits maybe and probably lower amounts or silly amounts.

All makers are guilty of silly amounts, if you're pee is orange I wouldn't take it.

Doesn't matter how they're produced if they're the same chemical. Most one-a-day have 100% of everything so even with the cheap ones you're just paying money for nutrient-rich urine.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

physioman wrote: »

2 doctors said as much to me.

Unless you are malnourished I think the benefits are minimal if any at all.

For another thread tbf.

We got our vit d levels checked last August and again in march.

We take 10-1500 units a day.my wife's levels halved over the winter even with thee drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

So would people be thinking the Aldi A-Z ones are almost certianly just as good right?

cronos wrote: »
    So would people be thinking the Aldi A-Z ones are almost certianly just as good right?

The only way to know is to check the strength of each.

We got our vit d levels checked last August and again in march.

We take 10-1500 units a day.my wife's levels halved over the winter even with thee drops.

Do it this year with a natural A vit aswell.

cronos wrote: »

My boyfriend and I both take the aldi A-Z we’ve no complaints

My boyfriend and I both take the aldi A-Z we’ve no complaints

Who makes them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Roisin76

Each mineral can come in form of many various compounds. Some are cheap and some are expensive. Bioavailability, toxicity and even properties of various compounds vary.

You'd need to compare lists of specific ingredients and not mineral/vitamins tables to compare two supplements.

• Advertisement
Advertisement