Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Works on Hearse Road Donabate

Options
  • 10-01-2019 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Driving down to Donabate last weekend noticed that a lot of clearing going on around Newbridge House. Anyone know what's happening?

Also notice that the Stone Wall of Newbridge is in very bad repair at the moment. A lot of heavy traffic on the road now with Semple Woods and Distributor road being built.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It's the construction of the new distributor road - going on for months now.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/crucial-20m-donabate-road-project-advancing-36031272.html

EDIT: Just realised now that you asked specifically about Newbridge House works. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

They cleared a lot of trees before the entrance to Newbridge house. I'm guessing they were diseased as I heard reports of diseased trees needing to be removed around the demesne.

It has exposed the perimiter wall along that stretch and it is in a poor state of repair. They were working to repair the wall along the Hearse Road last year, but it wasn't finished and there is no sign of it being completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

I was walking down there this morning. Seems that Glenveagh are doing a lot of work around the Semple Woods development (New footpaths, New Wall to the Newbridge Demense, which to be honest wasn't there last week!) Also noticed a new pedestrian entrance to the Park on the Turvey Avenue side and a lot of work within the Park. Perhaps it's just FCC doing general improvements.

They may be preparing a new turn onto Cobb's lane as that wouldn't impact the park and is probably needed. Turning left off Cobb's lane onto Hearse Road is so dangerous.

However the new section of wall is by a developer, and the council have made a new entrance. the Existing Demesne wall is absolutely crumbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

They have gone nuts cutting down trees outside and inside the park lately. I trust there was a proper reason for all this. It is not an improvement to my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Hearse Road between village and the new traffic lights on the bypass will be closed for 6 weeks starting Tuesday Jun 2nd to facilitate new footpath and road construction around the Semple Woods development. All village traffic will need to detour to the new traffic lights junction on the Balcarrick Road (main road to beach) for the duration of these works.

Alternatively, they can access village via Turvey Avenue

• Advertisement
Advertisement