Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salt edge and Irish banks?

Options
  • 26-01-2021 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried using Salt Edge with Irish Banks, none of the Irish banks seem to be covered. I'm pretty sure last time I looked (last year), most of them were there. I can also see the UK versions of AIB & BOI are available. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

What's it used for?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

What exactly do you mean? Can you post a link?

The only the only SaltEdge I know sells services to banks and software developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭spuddy

Surprised there's not more knowledge here about SE. It's used by several budgeting solutions/apps, which leverage their ability to connect with Banks ("open banking") to load transactions. When I last looked at SE, it had the ability to connect to nearly every Irish bank.

From some light reading, Brexit may be the issue (presumably they were leveraging some sort of UK based agreement/service for the Irish banks, not certain though).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

None of us are setting up our own budgeting apps or looking to work with banking APIs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

This is a consumer forum, not a developer's forum.

Thread will be moved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I use salt edge but not in connection with any Irish bank accounts. They had an AISP license to operate with PSD2 connections, but this license was granted by the FCA, which is the UK financial authority. Now that the UK have left the EU, this license is no longer valid. Salt Edge don't have an EU AISP license, so they are now partnering with BudgetBakers so they can still operate.

Advertisement