Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

School closure

• 02-01-2021 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

How long do we think schools will remain closed for, and do you think this will have an impact on this year's Leaving Cert? My son is due to sit his this year. I'm probably not going to send him back to school now until we see a significant drop in cases, as we have someone in the household with an underlying condition. Also, anyone have an idea how they'll organise the exams if kids are told they are contacts and need to isolate? Still a lot of uncertainty ahead...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Barbeapapa

I don't feel I have a choice but to send my 6th year student back as she has missed so much of the course already. In all honesty I feel anxious about the rising levels. I think this is compounded by the fact that there are several cases in my area whereas up until last month I didn't know of anyone with Covid. I'm kind of hoping schools will switch to online classes so it won't be my responsibility to make the decision.

The Department of Educations lack of addressing the leaving cert is very disappointing. My local school do not know how or when the mocks or orals will be held. Depression is rife amongst my daughter's friends which may be normal for 6th year but reassurances from the doe and acknowledgement that they have missed much of their coursework time would go some way to easing their stress.

Anyway, my daughter and classmates hope the LC will be held but could do with specific communication from the doe. Surely the doe HAS a plan for how the LC will be held....

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

We've pretty much written off the Leaving Cert here. My son would be very concerned about the possibility of bringing the virus home, and gets very stressed over exams at the best of times, so I'm really trying to downplay the whole idea of Leaving Cert. I hope that school goes online, it would ease his stress a little. Right now we are thinking about PLC courses, or perhaps level 7 courses, which are far from what he would have hoped or expected to be doing this time last year. It's sad that at only 18 he already feels that Covid has altered his future opportunities. Good luck to your daughter with her studies.

Advertisement