Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Layout of the garden changed for under construction house

Options
  • 06-03-2021 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

We have booked an under construction house which is due for delivery in few months.

Today I checked on the builder website that garden layout for three of the neighbouring houses has changed. As a result garden of one of the house is cutting into one corner of our garden and we will loose some area as well(emailed the selling agent to confirm).

The layout, which was uncut i.e rectangular, was one of the primary reason why we booked the house over the other options. This was shown to us at the time of booking, was on the website and many other email communications. We have already signed the contract and are shocked to see such changes and that too without any communication.

The contract did not had the garden layout but in one of the emails EA told us about the approx garden size.

So we are wondering if builders are allowed to make such late changes and what would be our options to protest the change?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Does your contract include a layout of the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 twoeyes

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Does your contract include a layout of the site?

Great question. Let me ask my solicitor as they have the copy. Thanks.

Just checked that site layout in the contract is altered one and we did not noticed while signing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

twoeyes wrote: »
    Just checked that site layout in the contract is altered one and we did not noticed while signing :(

How much area are you missing out on?

Car99 wrote: »
    How much area are you missing out on?
    Its not up to the scale but looks like 6% of the area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement