Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Babycham is a sparkling Perry, cider made with pears. Was sweet and bubbly, perfect for beginners :D

525383.jpeg

And seems to be still available today

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭3d4life

How very retro of you Poochie :)

@Sephers, this really was a very popular drink with young ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Babycham is a sparkling Perry, cider made with pears. Was sweet and bubbly, perfect for beginners :D

525383.jpeg

I'd say you'd have some long stint on the toilet after a pack of those :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just home from the park, in a bit of a funk today and can't shake it, was beautiful down the park all the same, nice to see the internal waterways full of water.

What in the name of jaysis is baby cham poochie?
    God, I'm old!

When I was two and a half, my sister and cousins fed me Baby Chams at my cousins wedding. Apparently, I loved them and got incredibly ****faced. My mother, none the wiser, had me a the DR's the next day. If the writers of Shameless are ever looking for new material....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

3d4life wrote: »

Don’t think it counts as retro if you were there the first time around ;) :pac:

• Advertisement

3d4life wrote: »

Very young

Treating myself to a sandwich lunch in a pub and then hairdresser at 3pm.
    Feeling very inferior with all this gin debate, no idea what you're talking about.

Don't feel inferior about not liking something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Treating myself to a sandwich lunch in a pub and then hairdresser at 3pm./quote]

Enjoy!

Trying to figure out what to do with the day, I should do some housework, but meh.

Poochie05 wrote: »

525383.jpeg

Ritz was another perry I think.

Ritz was my drink of choice (excluding Babychamgate) when I first started going out mid-late 80s. Lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Saturdays are supposed to be a day of rest but I am wrecked from doing stuff. The couch is winking at me...

Bacardi Breezers and Smirnoff Ice. Ahh those were the days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I was more of a blue WKD girl :)

My brother's girlfriend made whiskey sours last night and OMG they were delicious!

Can't believe babycham is still sold. :D There was another little bottle of something... It was green!! What was it!?

Edit: Snowball!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Snowballs and Babycham were the height of sophistication many years ago , especially at Christmas time , in my memory anyway :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Snowballs and Babycham were the height of sophistication many years ago , especially at Christmas time , in my memory anyway :pac:
    o you remember the Babycham glasses? A short stemmed champayne coup with a baby deer on it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Homeside, cup of tea in hand.

Resident’s committee meeting at 4.30pm that I’m going along to to discuss issues with respect to our complex and give them a good piece of my mind over a few problematic issues...

Up there with Vienetta ice cream, Afternoon Tea biscuits and After Eights. :D

Sardonicat wrote: »
    o you remember the Babycham glasses? A short stemmed champayne coup with a baby deer on it?

Yes !!
    Must look here , once upon s time there was some , doubt there's any left though !

Can't edit post as glitched out , sadly bo Babycham glasses , have three with Roosters on them , dinky little yokes !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Don't feel inferior about not liking something :)

I don't like any form of benevolence.

kowloon wrote: »
    I don't like any form of benevolence.

Wut? *scratches head*

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭3d4life

I was more of a blue WKD girl :)

My brother's girlfriend made whiskey sours last night and OMG they were delicious!

Thats the thing, isnt it ? Both have Spirits. Young ladies couldnt be seen drinking spirits. This was in the era of Faith and Morals supervised by McQuaide.:D

525394.jpg

I once heard that Ritz was known as the 'leg opener'.
    I used to drink the smirnoff ice myself and to try look cool a pernod and blackcurrant even though I had no idea what pernod was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Anyone drinks Buck's Fizz? I think they call them mimosas now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Back from the meeting at one of my neighbour’s apartments...

...turns out that the issue of the clamping of residents’ cars and the lack of adequate bins is the least of our worries. It seems that one person on the Management Company/Residents Committee has been telling us porkies for the past 5 years and that the managing agents have been keeping us all in the dark, except when to notify us of yet another fee increase without any justification...and

...the accounts for the past three years simply do not add up in any way, despite supposedly being audited....the plot thickens...

I once heard that Ritz was known as the 'leg opener'.
    I used to drink the smirnoff ice myself and to try look cool a pernod and blackcurrant even though I had no idea what pernod was.

PM , I think it was the Pernod that was called the leg opener :eek:

It's lashing rain here , well , somewhat typical for what would have been EP weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Back from the meeting at one of my neighbour’s apartments...

...turns out that the issue of the clamping of residents’ cars and the lack of adequate bins is the least of our worries. It seems that one person on the Management Company/Residents Committee has been telling us porkiesfor the past 5 years and that the managing agents have been keeping us all in the dark, except when to notify of of another fee increase without any justification...and

...the accounts for the past three years simply do not add up in any way, despite supposedly being audited....the plot thickens...

I'd say there's a certain level of cooking in the majority of management company books.

When I was looking to buy management fees were one of the reasons I didn't go with the new build near me.

Complete lack of value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

PM , I think it was the Per nod that was called the leg opener :eek:

It's lashing rain here , well , somewhat typical for what would have been EP weekend.

I am so over this weather.

I don't mind rain, I'll happily throw myself infront of the TV, but this "it's nice and sunny let's go out... Get everyone organised... Its p*ssing rain... Get everyone unorganised and the sun is back out" pretty much on an hourly cycle... Is doing my feckin head in.

• Advertisement

PM , I think it was the Per nod that was called the leg opener :eek:

Well mam, I can definitely tell you that it certainly was not that :D
    Yea, indeed another momentous weekend that's not happening this year.
    I'll miss the ploughing at the end of this month, it's an annual day out for myself and the small fella.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement