Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow watch II:Snow Harder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Joe316, I have to pass through clane at about half 7 in ths morning so keep the updates going as long as you can.

Back in tullow tonight, and it's currently a light drizzle falling but freezing already. Keep the updates coming people, I'm really hoping on either tomorrow or thursday off, although I still reckon thursday morning will present the most snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭NocturnalDonkey

Monasterevin: 1.0c and just started snowing.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Dublin Airport, 2C with recent snow. Must have just missed me.

Wicked snowstorm here now-whole place white and piling up :)

9 o clock Weather said 3cm's accumalations in places in the north and east tonight. Severe frost tonight also with showers tomorrow.

I think tonight will be interesting but I think I'm too far inland and south to get decent snow. Keep the weather reports from kildare coming.

Carlow @21:35: -0.5 with mostly clear sky's, frost is setting in quick, anything that falls will stay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

temp 4C, drops to 3C around the hail showers. Stones are loud on the window and coming down the flue.

Wheres weathercheck??

I need some guesswork on tullow, earthman care to stick your neck out and give me a % chance of waking to snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Im here :D
    The feature hasnt really developed yet as i have said
    earlier, isnt expected to after midnight and will go on
    until morning. Should affect the whole east coast and
    spread well inland, should give some lucky places upto
    10cm's. Would be unlucky if you didnt wake up to a cm or two :D;)

More through the night, crappy school tomorrow as have
    to go into ENFO in town so well put it this way i highly
    doubt i'll be going :D

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

nada in d15. I've lost all hope of there being any decent snow around here, EVER! Maybe if I stop expecting it, it might come but I won't be holding my breath!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Forcast : Zero accumulation tomorrow morning or Thursday/friday/sat etc for anyone in Dublin low lying or coastal areas, maybe a fe cm's more for those within Dublin borders and far inland or high up.

Probably lots of snow showers between now and the weekend but if you want snow lying ..buy a house well inland or in the Wicklow mountains ...'cos us Dubs aint seeing ainything settling for the forseeable future.

Frankly with 850 temps of >12C this spell is just going to be a frustraiting annoyance that the sooner is over ./.the better.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Earthman i want more info :D
    How many cm's 5??

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭FuzzyZoeller

0.9C here in Naas. Hopefully that blob southwest of Dublin on the 9pm radar is heading this way!!

Dublin airport is reporting recent showers.

Earthman have you got that camera working??

Well the snow is falling here now and its completely cloudy to the northeast where its coming from,I cant see the hills for instance so this is a big block.

Chances of you getting snow in Tullow from this band are high enough.
    From looking at the radar its heading inland and west south westwards.

There is a possibility of more showers later but they'd have to develop-at present after this lot there seems to be nothing on the radar bar a few flecks in the whole of the Irish sea.

There is a lot of activity in a straight line band heading into se scotland and Northern England-cant really say what that will do when it hits the Irish sea though. Wcheck has high hopes for it...

That's ridiculus Longfield :eek: :D:D
    Hope ye get snowed in tonight :D:D;)
    Very pessimistic view...tonight should be
    fun and the next 48hrs even more so, Thursday
    is looking snowy too..

A few rough times for snow...

From 0000hrs -0900hrs tomorrow - Heavy snow showers & prolonged
    Then Showers
    From 1700 - 2200hrs tomorrow - Band of snow from the east
    Then Showers
    Thursday 0600 -1500hrs - Band of snow
    Then Showers

So far we have had one band of snow on Monday
    so technically were 1/4 of the way through this cold spell
    snowise :D;)

Earthman i want more info :D
    How many cm's 5??

About 3cms I'd say-nothing humungous-car is covered and the trees are white and theres enough there to make that nice crunch under your feet.
    It's gone to just flurries now but the sky is very cloudy.

Camera is borked Irish1 :/ otherwise I'd have had mondays effort up.

More showers seem to have built up just north of anglesea and are taking the same track southwestwards in a line that the last lot did...
    This could be an interesting night allright.

If I'm going to see those showers or the tail end at least, whats the ETA?

Well after midnight here Id say so the wee small hours for you... though possibly not at all now by the looks of things
    The stuff I just had is now hugging the entire wexford coast, it doesnt seem to want to go too far inland - in the last hour its gone a bit inland but more south than inland.
    That has a lot to do with the lighter winds tonight compared with last night I think.

The edge of it looks far enough inland to fringe you though.

what about west dublin? are we going to see anything? we had a lovely covering last night around midnight that covered the road. Proper powdery stuff. Since then, Nothing!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

havent had much this evening so far, theres some slushy hail on the car, hasnt started to feeze here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

On and off sleet for most of the evening, very light. 1.1c here at the moment.

Watching the 15 minute rain radar on Metcheck! Cool.

The echos over Arklow were purple! Must have been very very heavy Earthman.

Temp has dropped to just a nudge below zero here now and freezing hard totally calm-no wind at all now in a sky with a mix of clear and cloud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mark0

Even had snow shower report at Valentia!
    .......http://www.met.ie/forecasts/coastal.asp...
    ...no chance of a proper snow fall in Kerry I guess.

where do you guys get your charts, rain forcasts etc etc etc?

Danno wrote:
    The echos over Arklow were purple! Must have been very very heavy Earthman.
    It was extremely intense, like as if a powerhose was turned on except it was snow.

I'm guessing you have paid a met check premium subscription there,what did you pay and do you think the extra's are worth it?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

anyone know what the latest GFS runs look like? still cold all the way...?

go to www.avbrief.co.uk you can join up for a free trial
    for 15 minute radar ;)

Go to the FAQ section to join up takes 5 mins :D;)

Earthman wrote:
    It was extremely intense, like as if a powerhose was turned on except it was snow.

I'm guessing you have paid a met check premium subscription there,what did you pay and do you think the extra's are worth it?

Yup, It was expensive, with the €uro/STG£ rate, £49.99 cost €74 for the year.

It is worth it in times like this!

The 15 minute radar is well worth it, better than waiting for **27z for the BBC and MetO to update theirs! :D

• Advertisement

go to www.avbrief.co.uk you can join up for a free trial
    for 15 minute radar ;)

Go to the FAQ section to join up takes 5 mins :D;)

Did sign-up, the link to the radar is not switched on...

Have you a link to it? I could use the username and password I signed up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement