Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no show clause policy, Aer Lingus ?

Options
  • 02-08-2020 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi Guys,

I have one question about the no show clause policy.

I have already checked online and I didn't find any clear explanation about it.

I might skip my Aer LIngus outbound flight (Dublin-Munich) and just use my return flight (Munich/Dublin) but I have noticed that some companies can void your return ticket:(.

I'm just wondering if Aerling Lingus has the same policy or I don't need to worry about it.

Thank you for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Let me google that for you. (really, I'd like to know)

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel/airlines-asked-to-end-rip-off-no-show-clauses-1.3939891?mode=amp

Aer Lingus does not routinely cancel homeward-bound flights if the first leg is not taken, although its terms and conditions allow for that to happen and it can impose extra charges on passengers in these circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 EvoEvo

antix80 wrote: »
    Let me google that for you. (really, I'd like to know)

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel/airlines-asked-to-end-rip-off-no-show-clauses-1.3939891?mode=amp

Aer Lingus does not routinely cancel homeward-bound flights if the first leg is not taken, although its terms and conditions allow for that to happen and it can impose extra charges on passengers in these circumstances.

Yes I have found the same article but I mean... there is no official statement about this... Has anyone faced the same situation? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

EvoEvo wrote: »
    Yes I have found the same article but I mean... there is no official statement about this... Has anyone faced the same situation? :D

The official statement is the terms and conditions which state if you buy a return ticket you must take both the outbound and return journey.

If you want to change your flights you need to contact the airline and pay whatever change fees and difference in fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

If it's booked on the one ticket, you have to take the flights in the sequence purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭VG31

If it's booked on the one ticket, you have to take the flights in the sequence purchased.

Normally yes, but not with low-cost airlines. Aer Lingus do not require you to take all flights in order for European flights.

So OP, yes you can skip the outbound leg without affecting the return leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

If the flight involved a transatlantic flight, then it would be cancelled if the 'coupons' are not used in order and pricing transatlantic still favours returns and Saturday night stays

For EU flights everything is priced as two singles, if purchased from Aer Lingus so you may skip a flight (and even claim the gov tax refund)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ErnieG

In 2019 i used the return leg of a ORK-AMS-ORK flight on EI with no issue. I didn’t check in for the outward leg, nor contact the airline. I had read on boards that it would work, and it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 EvoEvo

Thank you for your replies guys..I have contacted aer lingus by email and they confirmed that i can take just the return flight without problem...I can even request the tax refund for my outbound flight. .)

Advertisement