Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem tracing GG 1871

• 12-10-2015 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

It seems 2 members of my family have run into the same problem when it goes to Ireland.
    The trail stops.
    tracing:

Patrick Thomas Doyle

No county listed.

1 family member using ancestry.co.uk was told they couldn't find anything else on him.

The other family member was in Ireland in Courttown i think, where the GG was supposedly from, and was told by someone there that he probably put a false name down at Ellis Island, so that's it.

what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

what other details do you have on this Patrick - where did he end up, any details of parents on his marriage or death certs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

A shot in the dark. Any chance he was Thomas Patrick Doyle, born in Carrick, Wexford, aged 10 on the 1901 Census? Y'know how names can be switched round and ages can be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dean0dy

Well i guess they actually got this name and date from ancestry.com not the co.uk one, unless they are technically the same.
    So i don't really have anything else.
    I don't know the context.
    Though they did send a text table that showed a bunch of names under a parent, and at the very top of the list was "Patrick Thomas Doyle, 1871, Ireland"
    I haven't spoken to the relative that actually was in Ireland.
    I certainly hope they had more to go on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Pretty scant information you have there unfortunately. What I find astounding is that there are NO Patrick Thomas Doyle's on either the 1901 or the 1911 Census. Sorry I'm no help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FarmerBren

Ballygarrett Parish records covers Ballygarrett & Riverchapel near Courtown.
    I believe their records start before 1870s.
    Not sure where your located - you or relative will have to pay a visit or ask someone on parish committee to check the records for you.
    Good luck trying to find the right Doyle family in Co. Wexford!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

The problem with such a common name and few other details is finding the right Patrick - there are quite a few Patrick Doyles born between 1866 and 1876, (allowing a few years either way for inaccurate ages etc) and even if the Courtown clue is accurate then narrowing the search to Gorey district still leaves many possible matches see here (FamilySearch BMD Index) which is why I was suggesting that additional information from later sources in this Patrick and his family might be necessary

Did your Patrick marry in the US ?

Advertisement