Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ancestry UK website question

Options
  • 25-10-2015 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I have had a subscription with ancestry uk for the last number of years but am tempted to cancel this year before the auto-renewal. I know that by canceling my membership will revert to a guest account and i will no longer be able to view anything in my "shoebox".
    I have quite a lot of stuff put in the shoebox and dont know if i will have time to save it all to my pc before the subscription runs out, so i was wondering whether anyone knows whether all the stuff in the shoebox would still be there if i chose to renew my subscription at a later date ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I'm quite sure that everything stays the same in the intervening period between one sub running out and the next sub renewing. I pay for a months subscription every so often rather than continuous membership and that's been my experience so far.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Thanks Hermy, I usually get the worldwide sub, but this past year i haven't really had much time to use it and at £179.99 it's getting a bit expensive, it actually works out a bit dearer than that as well, as irish VAT is applied and then with the lousy exchange rate ....
    Might consider doing the monthly sub every so often, i read elsewhere that family tree maker used to give a free 6 month sub with their software, must check if this is still the case.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

They haven't got anything worth maintaining a sub for, in my opinion. That may change, of course, and I do think their hint system is the best, but the cost is prohibitive unless you have frivolous antics money for it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement