Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do ye guys want to head out?

Options
  • 09-01-2003 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

Right.

It's going to be difficult to find a date that suits everybody for the next night out, so that's why I'm putting up a poll to let ye guys decide when we should head out next.

The dates are above

weekend: 1st/2nd

weekend: 8th/9th

weekend: 15th/16th

weekend: 22nd/23rd

As already pointed out people will be unavailable for certain dates. The only date that seems free for everybody else is the 15th. I hate to say it, but I doubt I will be able to attend that weekend (unless it's on a Sunday, which is inconvenient because of work monday). However, don't let that stop ye voting for that date.... ye can get on without me, trust me :p.

When should we have the next night out? 9 votes

2nd/3rd Feb
    0% 0 votes
    8th/9th Feb
    0% 0 votes
    15th/16th Feb
    33% 3 votes
    22nd/23rd Feb
    66% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

well i'm easy, i can cum anytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Might still be too ill to make it in Feb. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So have is there a decision then or what?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I shall be out of the country :(

Any decisions made yet ? Who's organising this ? It going to be in Dublin again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,820 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yeah are we going ahead with this?, how about valentines weekend as proposed,

I know I cant make the weekend of the 21st cause I'll be in Cork for the USI LGB conference

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Valentines weekend seems to be the most popular option. The 2nd/3rd has passed us anyway.

Very well. As I stated in my original post, it's doubtful that I'd be able to make that date. However, I suggest that ye all meet up in the Front Lounge (a very nice pub) or wherever ye like at around 7 - 8 pm and take it from there.

Unless there are any furthur objections, I'll be locking the poll in a few days, and that weekend will be set.

Yeah, sounds like a good idea, so who's going and how many of us are going

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I won't be going afterall. Staying in Cork for the next few weekends. Far too much to do and since I missed 3-4 weeks of any sort of life thanks to illness I need to catch up. Plus I have this evening College Course I'm way behind on, and theres this small thing of setting up a €120k computer network that needs to be done outside of my work hours.

Might go to the next one. Lets make it a regular thing. Whens that gay night in the TBMC ? Always arrange it for the same date as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

oh feck forgot about the whole valentining thingey... feck that i'm not going to a ghey bash that weekend!! :)

can't go the following suggested date either tbh :/

• Advertisement

Ah you'll be grand. I won't be there hun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

well the winning weekend is this weekend... whats the story? :)

Who volunteered to organise it ? Nobody bothered so its not going to go ahead really if nobody is willing to step up to the plate and do a little work.

I organised the last one and it was fun enough wasn't it ? If you ignore the small number of people that turned up and the fact that one person ended up in hospital :p Many of us did end up snogging someone at that Gay night thingy in TBMC.

Whens the next straight boards beer on ? We could all turn up to that if its soon enough.

In order for the next queer beers thing to actually occur is someone willing to do a small bit of work and organise it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭HerrLipp

yeah that whole pulling each other's names out of hats and saying "you score with him or else..." really worked ;) Pity about that straight guy who ended up in hospital though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Can i come? I swear that i wont have any issues.
    :)

OK as noone else is volunteering to organise I will, I'm going to be in Cork next weekend and we could all meet on the Sunday night 23rd (I know this probably won't suit most of you that are from Dublin like myself but thought I'd ask anyway), Yellum I've never been on the scene in Cork what's it like?

Alternatively we could meet in Dublin on the weekend of the 7th/8th of March

Get back to me

Terry Pratchet

Originally posted by Johnnymcg
    OK as noone else is volunteering to organise I will, I'm going to be in Cork next weekend and we could all meet on the Sunday night 23rd

Fair play but I think we'd need a month now again to organise the masses of people so that the optimal date can be chosen.

Yellum I've never been on the scene in Cork what's it like?

Two words: F.ucking crap. Two bars and one night club (meat market) One of the bars is okay actually, if a bit basic.

Alternatively we could meet in Dublin on the weekend of the 7th/8th of March

My birthday that weekend. I could be possibly flying to Amsterdam on the 8th, so I could be around.

The scene in cork is crap. However on the 23rd there's an event on in the Savoy nightclub(really nice place) - "bring a straight friend night" - will be a lot of people going. Sounds interesting. I'll be going anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭trekster

Herr lipp, you get around the net (Q Board a certain records company is my name :-) I've just found this place today but i post on the boards in the satellite forum. Go on lads come to cork its the first night of fever in the savoy on sunday too totally gay and all the LGB crowds from the USI are going to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Hey, I'm going to Cork next weekend with the girlfriend.

So if you lot are going on the razz, we shall 'maybe', meet up... if I haven't been dumped, that is.

Kudos to you Ted.

• Advertisement

Trekster. Theres more than him from the Q Board here.

what record company would that be jives ;)

Yeah Cork night out 23rd february great idea :)

Will be packed I'd say, just hope everyone will be able to get in !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭trekster

Dutch

Advertisement