Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikram Yoga South Dublin

Options
  • 06-09-2011 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a Bikram Yoga Class either in Dublin City Centre or in South County Dublin?

I believe Bikram is best for running and for tight hamstrings and hips?? Or should I look to another Yoga type?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

supposed to be one opening in tallaght soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Maria Mullen

check out www.yogabikram.ie, based in Sandyford

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

check out www.yogabikram.ie, based in Sandyford
    Never heard of that one before. Have you been there?

Most bikram people I know either go to bikram yoga in Harold's Cross, or init yoga in Grand Canal Dock.

A running instructor friend has recommended yin yoga to me before for hamstrings and hips (I'm a runner myself, and have naturally quite tight hips) but it's hard to find. I see Open Minds Yoga on Pearse St are starting a yoga for sports class soon http://www.openmindyoga.ie/yoga-classes/ which might sit your needs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Maria Mullen

Yes,

Straighforward Bikram studio (hot/mirrors/carpet/Bikram trained teachers etc.), if that is what you are looking for. Open about 18 months. Depends on location really, what you can get to.Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

I went to the bikram studio in Harold's X while I was back in Dublin for a month. I liked it a lot....bikram is amazing for running, I ran my fastest half marathon yet on a whim after doing nothing but bikram almost every day for a month (decided to enter said half marathon the night before...hadn't ran in about 2 months!). I live in the UK now and I can only make it to Bikram classes once or twice a week if I'm lucky. It makes a huge difference to your hamstrings...not to mention lung capacity and endurance. Planning on running a full marathon next year, so I'm keeping it up as part of my training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I went to the bikram studio in Harold's X while I was back in Dublin for a month. I liked it a lot....bikram is amazing for running, I ran my fastest half marathon yet on a whim after doing nothing but bikram almost every day for a month (decided to enter said half marathon the night before...hadn't ran in about 2 months!). I live in the UK now and I can only make it to Bikram classes once or twice a week if I'm lucky. It makes a huge difference to your hamstrings...not to mention lung capacity and endurance. Planning on running a full marathon next year, so I'm keeping it up as part of my training.
    As a runner, your experience really intrigues me! However, I tried hot yoga before and I disliked it intensely. I'm not sure I'd be in a rush to try it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Wow :eek:

You must have been seriously fit beforehand though?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

I had ran a half marathon a few months before but hadn't run since. After doing only bikram for the month and no running I did the next one 10 minutes faster and recovered so much quicker afterwards - before I couldn't walk for about 2 days after running the half, but last time I was back in bikram class the day after the race (and walking!!)! It was the speedy recovery afterwards that I was most amazed at, but the faster time was a nice bonus too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

I have a lot of milage and damage on the clock from various contact sports over the years, doing Bikram in HC since March and my body hasn't felt this good in years.

Ankles and knees are the best they have been in a long time, flexibility and lung capacity has greatly improved.

Be careful when you get though the first few classes and go regularly its damn addictive….

Advertisement