Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 John614

Do you get notified when your vetting is complete?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

John614 wrote: »
    Do you get notified when your vetting is complete?

That’s a picture of an email I got about two months ago, when I emailed again recently I got the generic “your vetting is incomplete” email back, when I asked for clarification they sent me the “vetting is a multi tiered process” email.

I’m lost trying to make sense of it all at this stage

Another reply I got about two months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

https://www.policingauthority.ie/assets/uploads/documents/2020_07_17_Final_Report_to_the_Minister.pdf
    nothing about recruitment in the latest report, just a small paragraph on page 15

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Anyone hear anything about any intakes ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

St. Westy wrote: »
    https://www.policingauthority.ie/assets/uploads/documents/2020_07_17_Final_Report_to_the_Minister.pdf
    nothing about recruitment in the latest report, just a small paragraph on page 15

The last meeting was 27th July so the full report will be out in a few days or next week, This one is the covid report so hopefully more detail in the full monthly one.

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about any intakes ?

not a sausage

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

Emailed today still the same response.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0729/1156129-garda-inspectors/

Can only be a good sign for the rest of us... :)

SquireD wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0729/1156129-garda-inspectors/

Can only be a good sign for the rest of us... :)

Hopefully things will start to go back to normal by the end of august and more intakes will happen.

• Advertisement

When I see these lads pushing their courses I always think they must have an inside track on future recruitment campaigns. Makes me wonder if they’re going to announce more intakes along with the alleged recruitment drive in September

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Corry21

Anyone get anything different than the generic vetting multi tier response in las5 6 weeks I haven't emailed since start July assure there is no point nothing being updated or forwarded while there are no pending intakes

they have published the half year policing performance report, nothing much about recruitment, bar a few bullet points

'The procurement of an Electronic Training Management System has been deferred for up
    to six months and the current tender process has been withdrawn.

 275 Garda recruits have commenced training and due to the impact of COVID-19 there is
    no capacity to take the remaining 425 in the current year, meaning the target of 700 will
    not be met.

 Delivery of training across a multiplicity of areas impacted, having regard to ongoing social
    distancing requirements.

 Update to probationer training is off track.'

the first point suggests to me that all training is off for this year.

some light reading;
    " https://www.policingauthority.ie/assets/uploads/documents/Policing_Authority_Assessment_of_Policing_Performance_Half-Year_Report_%E2%80%93_July_2020.pdf "

they have published the half year policing performance report, nothing much about recruitment, bar a few bullet points

'The procurement of an Electronic Training Management System has been deferred for up
    to six months and the current tender process has been withdrawn.

 275 Garda recruits have commenced training and due to the impact of COVID-19 there is
    no capacity to take the remaining 425 in the current year, meaning the target of 700 will
    not be met.

 Delivery of training across a multiplicity of areas impacted, having regard to ongoing social
    distancing requirements.

 Update to probationer training is off track.'

the first point suggests to me that all training is off for this year.

some light reading;
    " https://www.policingauthority.ie/assets/uploads/documents/Policing_Authority_Assessment_of_Policing_Performance_Half-Year_Report_%E2%80%93_July_2020.pdf "

I suppose everyone waiting to be called knows now it won't be this year and can relax for a while. The learning thing they were looking at getting for a while so doubt that will affect the normal training. Anyway no capacity it says there so nobody getting anywhere this year. Pity though

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    I suppose everyone waiting to be called knows now it won't be this year and can relax for a while. The learning thing they were looking at getting for a while so doubt that will affect the normal training. Anyway no capacity it says there so nobody getting anywhere this year. Pity though

at least its some sort of closure, save up and keep the training going till the new year it seems :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It would be nice if they sent out an email to let us know that our applications are still valid and still being considered. I can appreciate that they don’t have much information to share about intakes but something to keep our minds at ease

at least its some sort of closure, save up and keep the training going till the new year it seems :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I just read the article and in particular the bullet points regarding the 275 that have being called up

The bullet points are listed in the ‘concerns’ column

Is it fair that they mean “the Concern is that there is no capacity for the remaining 425 and the number of 700 for 2020 will not be met”

To me it sounds like it is an area that now needs direct attention and to maintain on track if at all possible, Or maybe I’m trying to read between the lines too much

Thoughts??

I just read the article and in particular the bullet points regarding the 275 that have being called up

Is it fair that they mean “the Concern is that there is no capacity for the remaining 425 and the number of 700 for 2020 will not be met”

To me it sounds like it is an area that now needs direct attention and to maintain on track if at all possible, Or maybe I’m trying to read between the lines too much

Thoughts??

Thoughts??

you could be correct, everyone will interpret it differently, and i can understand you reading between the lines holding onto the last grain of hope :D

the silence about this recruitment drive is absolutely mind-numbing :rolleyes:

you could be correct, everyone will interpret it differently, and i can understand you reading between the lines holding onto the last grain of hope :D

the silence about this recruitment drive is absolutely mind-numbing :rolleyes:

I’m defo clutching at straws but I really do think we’re going to hear something in September,

I wouldn’t mind if they just came out and directly said ‘there will be no more intakes’ at least we would 100% know what the story is, again trying to read between the lines For any hope is my biggest weakness right now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

I’m defo clutching at straws but I really do think we’re going to hear something in September,

I wouldn’t mind if they just came out and directly said ‘there will be no more intakes’ at least we would 100% know what the story is, again trying to read between the lines For any hope is my biggest weakness right now

Mate, we all are to be fair.

One of our local guys came into the shop where I work last week and asked if there was any movement on my application, told him nope, just the usual answer. He reckons there might be a bit of movement in three or four weeks - as he said 'give it a month'. As of right now only a quarter of instructors have been called back to the college, the covid-intakes are just after being sent out to stations, the 201s are on their way back to the college, and the 193s still have some stuff to finish up, which might well end up being done on the e-learning system, who knows yet.

Now, that could all be conjecture too guys - the sorry truth about it all is that no one really knows, not even the people working in the college. We just have to hang on in there unfortunately.

Mate, we all are to be fair.

One of our local guys came into the shop where I work last week and asked if there was any movement on my application, told him nope, just the usual answer. He reckons there might be a bit of movement in three or four weeks - as he said 'give it a month'. As of right now only a quarter of instructors have been called back to the college, the covid-intakes are just after being sent out to stations, the 201s are on their way back to the college, and the 193s still have some stuff to finish up, which might well end up being done on the e-learning system, who knows yet.

Now, that could all be conjecture too guys - the sorry truth about it all is that no one really knows, not even the people working in the college. We just have to hang on in there unfortunately.

Hey Claire, you have always been a great source of information regarding this current situation and I genuinely and sincerely value your input.

Right now only a quarter of instructors have been called back- does that not make you think that more instructors will be called back in order to facilitate more training?

Surely we’re going to get word of sort

Hey is there anyone from 2018 still waiting on a potential start date ? If so is there any WhatsApp groups or other forums going ? If your waiting can ye private message me or like this comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

Hi all is there many other people with everything completed waiting to be called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

4572h wrote: »
    Hi all is there many other people with everything completed waiting to be called?

How long is a piece of string? :P

This thread was set up for anyone who is pretty much 'in the waiting room' for 2020, so anyone who has all their stages done and dusted and is just waiting for the magical email from HRM to say when we're starting at the college :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

Ah ya I know that but you need your vetting cleared too it is the last long hurdle.

4572h wrote: »
    Ah ya I know that but you need your vetting cleared too it is the last long hurdle.

My vetting was apparently cleared as per the attached email only to go back to the generic “your vetting is till outstanding responses.

Unfortunately I have no positive information to give you, we’re all in the waiting game now

out of curiosity, how long are ye willing to wait? i know a lot of ye are waiting since 2018, i'm 2019 myself, and it will probably be a 2 year wait for myself like ye 2018's, i'm after getting a big wage increase and pension scheme offered to me in work yesterday, kind of a reward for all the hard hours over lockdown period,
    and it just got me thinking, will the wait actually be worth it, im only 26 so i have plenty of time if it is a 2 year wait, i know 3 people that have sent a email to hrm to remove them from the campaign,

how long more would you be willing to wait before you say 'f**k this'?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Corry21

Everyone will be different ill be carrying over my pension and service for DF so ill wait

• Advertisement

out of curiosity, how long are ye willing to wait? i know a lot of ye are waiting since 2018, i'm 2019 myself, and it will probably be a 2 year wait for myself like ye 2018's, i'm after getting a big wage increase and pension scheme offered to me in work yesterday, kind of a reward for all the hard hours over lockdown period,
    and it just got me thinking, will the wait actually be worth it, im only 26 so i have plenty of time if it is a 2 year wait, i know 3 people that have sent a email to hrm to remove them from the campaign,

how long more would you be willing to wait before you say 'f**k this'?

You'll be starting on about €31k plus shift allowance on the normal roster, which is worth about €5-6k per year so that's about €36/7k starting out plus any overtime you do. At your age you'll be on €48k plus shift allowance by 36, if you start at 28. so compare that to your current situation. I keep thinking its a job for life no risk of redundancy solid pension pay rise every year. But Im older so I don't think I'd want to wait any longer than next year. Itd be hard to leave a good job for a job where you may never progress or at least where its extremely difficult to go up the ranks. Imagine being 50 and working that roster will you do and is it worth the wait....

Advertisement