Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fforster Terrace, Lucan

Options
  • 03-08-2020 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all

I am looking to get my foot on the property ladder!

I dont know lucan at all but daft has a fab apartment here that seems suspiciously affordable and if Google maps is accurate i would be less than an hour to my baggot street office.

Can anyone advise on the area? Is bus reliable? As one who can't drive or cycle would I be very isolated? All advice welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mrbrightside11

Good location and nice area. Fforster is a lovely estate with a lot of families.

Would be on the 25A / 25B bus route. Buses can be very busy in the morning (sometimes pass the stop full) but would be in town within an hour.

Would not be isolated very close proximity to Eurospar and Penny hill pub. 30min walk to Lucan Village.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Carapop wrote: »
    I dont know lucan at all but daft has a fab apartment here that seems suspiciously affordable and if Google maps is accurate i would be less than an hour to my baggot street office.

It depends on what you mean by suspiciously affordable- but according to Property Price Register- there haven't been any sales in Fforester Terrace since 2016- at which time apartments there were making in the region of 250k (some much lower- some up to 40k or so higher).

In 2016- between March and September nos. 1 to 16 Fforester place exchanged hands to 8 different buyers- one of whom bought 4 units. Prices varied from EUR172k for a 1 bed unit to 310k for a 4 bed unit.

There are currently 4 units in Fforester Terrace for sale (all of which currently have tenants- so I'm not clear what the story is time lines etc). They're with McDonalds Estate Agents in Lucan Village.
    Carapop wrote: »
    Can anyone advise on the area? Is bus reliable? As one who can't drive or cycle would I be very isolated? All advice welcome!

Bus is extremely reliable (it leaves every 7 minutes) but is severly curtailed at present because of Covid related seating restrictions. A double decker bus is now allowed 22 passengers. If you're reliant on public transport to/from Lucan area- your best bet is to travel off peak.

You really *need* to do a few trial runs to see for yourself how it would (or wouldn't) work for you.

Also- that Google Maps estimate- is complete and utter bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Carapop

Thanks much both.

Fforster Terrace apts were only built in 2016, so their absence from the PPR is not too surprising! I had no idea there were others for sale...Sherry Fitz is looking after the one I saw. It’s a very small complex so 4 being simultaneously for sale is very odd. May I ask how you know this?

And can you provide a more accurate estimate for commute?

Trial runs are a great idea, but it would be 2021 before my office reopens so today’s commute won’t give an accurate representation of that reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I don't know where you intended to get the bus from but the 25a/b are usually full after the Penny Hill, if you intended to use the stop on the main road beside Mount Bellew you might not get on. The GF used to get it there at 7-7:30 and sometimes two buses would pass as they were full.

It's a bit further to walk but the 25a stop at Griffeen Road isn't too far and it's 7-8 stops before the Penny Hill so you'd get a seat. Beats the risk of not getting on or having to stand most of the way.

The school beside Terrace is a nightmare for traffic but shouldn't effect you. I lived in Mount Bellew for a year and they parked all the way down the road, around the bend and into the estate so coming and going was a pain, along with them stealing all our parking spaces. You'd want to make sure they stay off the property and that parking won't be an issue. If you do decide to drive you shouldn't have an issue getting out though as Terrace is so close to the roundabout on the main road.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Carapop

Great tip thank you!

Have also been looking at Park View apts on Ballyowen Lane. I gather that road has a bit of a bad rep because of the halting site thereon, but it seems far enough away to not be problematic?

• Advertisement
Advertisement