Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are they suitable

Options
  • 20-08-2019 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi i have a Huawei Matebook D 14 AMD and have been looking for headphones and settled on these for the price range Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC wireless noise cancelling headphones.While looking for more info on them there was mention of some having trouble marrying with A2DP and Apt-X codec,s which i hav,nt a clue about,i looked at the headphone specs and it shows that it has Apt-X codec ?
    So heres a couple of questions...
    Can the above mentioned laptop provide A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) from what i,ve read gives a much better quality of sound?
    Sennheiser states that the headphones have Apt-X BUT if the codec is not available in the device i am connected to it will still work but i wont get the much better sound ?
    The laptop has Dolby Atmos which i do notice gives a much better quality of sound so as another option if the headphones are bluetooth connected to the laptop would that Dolby Atmos signal be heard through the headphones or would they have to be a Dolby Atmos pair of headphones if there is such a thing?
    Thanks for your time and hope someone can decipher the above so that i can lay my ( i think their around 8 years old ) Sennheiser HD515,s to rest :)

Advertisement