Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presents under the Christmas tree

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It's xmas.
    ahh, piss off you nazi transgender wannabe Galwayman.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

julep wrote:
    in all my years living alone, i've never had a christmas tree, let alone any presents to put beneath one. some people just like the sentimental aspect of it.
    I moved out of home last year. Spent my first christmas in my own place. Was sharing with my brother. Both of us would work long hours and nearly 7 days a week. We never put up any decorations.
    Christmas eve was like a normal night. Went to my parents house the next morning and had a traditional christmas day. Then back home to get ready for work the next day :(

This christmas I have moved to New Zealand. A month ago I moved in to a new apartment. Sharing with a London girl I never see. Not putting up any decorations. Doubt if she is. Would have got her a card or something if I knew the girl, but I don't.
    Don't know what she is doing for christmas, but she is staying in the country.
    Im flying to Perth in a few days and back after the New Year so I'm not too worried what she does.

julep wrote:
    ahh, piss off you nazi transgender wannabe Galwayman.
    Personal abuse and no christmas spirt, you should get banned :D

Rabies wrote:
    I moved out of home last year. Spent my first christmas in my own place. Was sharing with my brother. Both of us would work long hours and nearly 7 days a week. We never put up any decorations.
    Christmas eve was like a normal night. Went to my parents house the next morning and had a traditional christmas day. Then back home to get ready for work the next day :(

This christmas I have moved to New Zealand. A month ago I moved in to a new apartment. Sharing with a London girl I never see. Not putting up any decorations. Doubt if she is. Would have got her a card or something if I knew the girl, but I don't.
    Don't know what she is doing for christmas, but she is staying in the country.
    Im flying to Perth in a few days and back after the New Year so I'm not too worried what she does.
    in all fairness, I do spend christmas eve with all my friends in my local. they all come bak from various parts of the country and the world at large to spend christmas at home and it is good to see them all.
    on the other hand, bah humbug.

That is one thing I will miss this year. First time I won't get to catch up with with old friends on chistmas eve in our local.
    But I do get to spend christmas in the sun and on the beach with friends, so I can't complain too much :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I am terribly offended by Julep's post and await his demodding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

How long have you got to wait? It might be a while. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

julep wrote:
    I'm not really full of festive cheer. I'm more of a scrooge type person. the scrooge before he turned pussy after seeing the three ghosts..
    :p

I am terribly offended by Julep's post and await his demodding.
    i sincerely apologise and promise not to do it again.

today

• Advertisement

i was browsing adverts.ie earlier and saw someone selling a sense of humour. thought you might be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Bad taste julep. Regular posters have been banned for less. julep banned for being a grumpy bastard. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

julep wrote:
    christmas and personal hygiene have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

CHRIST!!!! REALLY!??? I thought they went hand-in-hand. Honestly!
    julep wrote:
    the thing is, i do see a need to wash myself and change my underwear. that's a personal hygiene thing and has nothing to do with christmas. unless you're the type of person who only washes themself and changes underwear at christmas. if so, then i would question your sanity.

While you were taking that literally, the point was skilfully sneaking away....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

julep wrote:
    that seemed like a pointless reply.

in all my years living alone, i've never had a christmas tree, let alone any presents to put beneath one. some people just like the sentimental aspect of it.
    julep wrote:
    i really don't see the point.
    i have no need to decorate my house for one month a year.

Bah Humbug!

I actually got great kudos for my portrayal of scrooge once.
    then i decided not to ever act again because i don't like kudos.

Portrayal?
    Was scrooge not based on you? ;)

probably. it wasn't much of a stretch playing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Sleipnir wrote:
    I would hate to live with someone who didn't care about christmas.

I honestly dont have any tree or nothing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

I must admit I miss the real excitement of Christmas, even though we still continue the tradition of presents under the tree and not opening them until christmas morning.

Nowadays, my mam will ask me what I actually want for christmas. No such thing as a real surprise anymore. However I must say, I do appreciate the time of year more these days than ever before.

Advertisement