Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas parties and naughtiness!

• 16-12-2006 12:59pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Right so its the silly season. People drink like it going out of fashion. People fooling themselves into thinking they are in happy relationships do naughty things at christmas parties! the STD & family planning clinics make a fortune!

How was yours this year, on a naughtiness scale? Did Robert the office nerd get it on with the married PA? Did jenny the office slapper take 2 guys at once while her boyfriend slept in another room??? **

Cmon we all love the gossip!!

** Not their real names

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My work party is tomorrow and as always I'm sure it'll be talked about for months after. I think I'll be taking it easy on the drink so its not me they're talking about :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh Jenny, you were good.
    *Tightens up tie*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Didnt see anyone who had pulled at mine (not for want of trying :D )

Mine was great craic, grand atmosphere, absoloutely rubbered. Spent the majority of the night competing with some chap in waffling to some French bird. Mind you, I ended up trying it on with someone from HR who may be interviewing me in the future.....oh christ :p (I think I asked to kip in hers when we got off the bus and she politely declined, I cant recall whether i made a move or not. Due to the bus actually not bringing us home on the assumed route, I was dropped a 10 minute walk from home, leaving me to dangerously stumble through one of the areas more, ahem, socially deprived estates at 3am drunk as a lord)

The music suprised me, some decent dance preceded the crimbo tunes.

They even played Maniac 2000 lol :D The foreign staff didnt know it, the staff over 24 despised it and the 19- 23s were out on the floor giving it socks :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Going on holiday before our party, so my rep is safe until the next holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

"Tom Butler, Bishop of Southwark, strayed drunkenly into the back seat of a Mercedes after a night on the tiles.

He then threw toys from the vehicle before being pulled out, falling over and cracking open his head.

Asked what he was doing, it is claiemd the 66-year-old cleric replied: "I'm the Bishop of Southwark. It's what I do."

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Hmm out of 25 four of us ended up going to our xmas party.. and two didn't stay long. Was a larf though. Nothing too embarrassing happened

Except the work hottie stank of B.O.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Oh my God, look at how boring our posts are (including mine!) has nobody got some tales from the slime to keep us amused? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

xmas party wasnt too bad this year, it consisted of
    • Far too much booze - tab was aparently two hundred euro in five minutes ?!!?!:eek:
    • loads of tears
    • loads of bitching
    • finding out new hottie was gay, to all the ladies disapointment :(
    • quite a bit of fooling around but that was tried to be kept suttle by a few (didnt work very well)
    • night ended at 9 in the morning for all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Heyes wrote:
    xmas party wasnt too bad this year, it consisted of
    • Far too much booze - tab was aparently two hundred euro in five minutes ?!!?!:eek:
    • loads of tears
    • loads of bitching
    • finding out new hottie was gay, to all the ladies disapointment :(
    • quite a bit of fooling around but that was tried to be kept suttle by a few (didnt work very well)
    • night ended at 9 in the morning for all

Any jobs goin? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Mine was last night, nothing too naughty I'm afraid :( Was fun though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

mine was ok, nothing great, but im glad i went. there was only one girl i fancied but she had a boyfriend and went on about him all night:rolleyes:
    still she was nice eye candy and a pretty nifty dancer

still the free drink made up for that plus i got to scare the hell out of the boss's in terms of the quantity and variety i managed to knock back. food was grand but to be honest unless your going to a restaurant its usually crap cause of the sheer numbers of people and the paucity of the menu so i guess i should be glad i havent got food poisoning :D:D

roll on next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

faceman wrote:
    Any jobs goin? :D
    lol, might be .... i intend leaving soon :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

mine was ok, nothing great, but im glad i went. there was only one girl i fancied but she had a boyfriend and went on about him all night:rolleyes:
    still she was nice eye candy and a pretty nifty dancer

still the free drink made up for that plus i got to scare the hell out of the boss's in terms of the quantity and variety i managed to knock back. food was grand but to be honest unless your going to a restaurant its usually crap cause of the sheer numbers of people and the paucity of the menu so i guess i should be glad i havent got food poisoning :D:D

roll on next year
    never let your boss know how much you can put away. it ruins monday morning sickies.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Oh Jenny, you were good.
    *Tightens up tie*
    You were on form yourself, Tar, from what I could see from the other side of her ...

Not sure why it took you so long to check her boyfriend was still asleep, though.

(By the way, I think that's my tie you've got, I certainly never bought this one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Mine was last night in Citywest hotel, 1000 people from all over, didn't see any scandal from anyone i work with.. was rather boring. I left pretty early, loads of people actually booked hotel rooms, so i wouldn't be surprised if i walk into work on tuesday with some scandal waiting for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You were on form yourself, Tar, from what I could see from the other side of her ...

Not sure why it took you so long to check her boyfriend was still asleep, though.

(By the way, I think that's my tie you've got, I certainly never bought this one)
    Ah, I was wondering, I didn't even bring a tie.I thought they must appear after these occasions or something.
    About the boyfriend...oh my pager....

Ah, I was wondering, I didn't even bring a tie.I thought they must appear after these occasions or something.
    About the boyfriend...oh my pager....
    If that's Jenny, pop me a PM.

(If it's the boyfriend, enjoy ...)

Oh randylonghorn, you old dog!

Em ... by the way ... that finger ... that WAS Jenny, right?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Our party was on Friday, a member of management thought it'd be fun to strip to his boxers on the dancefloor...lucky he only dances with his arms cos if he'd tried to move with his trousers round his ankles he wwas in trouble :D

Emm someone who's engaged did his utmost to get another member of staff back to his room, don;t think she was having any of it though (well not much!)

And a few people got some Christmas kisses but that's ok cos they were all unattached :D

Oh & one of the new lads made a complete tit of himself by getting completely lamped before dinner even & talking complete (paranoid) crap to anyone unfortunate enough to sit/stand beside him :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I have never actually been to a proper Office Xmas party. I work in an office now, and I should be attending my first Office Christmas Do tomorrow, but I can't make it.
    When I was in school I worked in Penneys for 3 years, and when I was in college I worked in the Savoy cinema for just over 3 years - both places had wild Christmas parties. As most of the staff were aged between 16 - 30 there was plenty of drunken snogs and shenanigans.
    I kissed a boy at pretty much every Xmas party I went to, but never took it any further, so wasn't too shamed faced the following day, but a few of my mates got down and dirty with the boys, and were absolutely mortified... well, until the new years drinks, when they usually ended up shagging the same guy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ours isn't until Friday night. Usually tame affairs but an odd time there is a bit of scandal. Free booze. Should be a good night.
    miamee wrote:
    Oh & one of the new lads made a complete tit of himself by getting completely lamped before dinner even & talking complete (paranoid) crap to anyone unfortunate enough to sit/stand beside him

Never ever get drunk before the dinner. Its dangerous.

Had ours last week. It's generally a relatively scandal-free affair cos most of the people are well settled in the place. There were a few new young lads though. Dinner was crap. Club downstairs was fairly crap, but they laid on a private bar with an undisclosed tab, and we let rip. Think trays of baby guinness, and shots for everyone whenever someone went to the bar.

My boss kept falling asleep after 12.30 with all of his staff rotating their duty to talk to him to try and keep him awake, and one of the new lads somehow ended up with his pants being torn off him (literally), and walking around in his patterned boxers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

petes wrote:
    Never ever get drunk before the dinner. Its dangerous.

I know petes! It wasn't entirely his fault I suppose, dinner was about an hour & a half late :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

miamee wrote:
    I know petes! It wasn't entirely his fault I suppose, dinner was about an hour & a half late :eek:

He must have been leveling them so. At least with getting the dinner on time you would have a bit of soakage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

My first one was Friday, and I spent it being chatted up by a Slovakian, while my bf was beside me (and he knew he was my bf too). The token retarded member of staff made a holy show of herself. It was a typical Xmas party for us.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

mine was 2 weeks ago in a hotel in clare, walked out of my hotel room is find the 2 office hotties wearing only towels after gettin locked out of the room...camera phone a go go! :D scandel started after that :)

splinter wrote:
    mine was 2 weeks ago in a hotel in clare, walked out of my hotel room is find the 2 office hotties wearing only towels after gettin locked out of the room...camera phone a go go! :D scandel started after that :)
    How the feck did both of them get locked out? lol

Must have been a fun party ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Fairly boring party this year. I left around 1am. Not much excitement except for the usual petty bitchiness. Oh and the new girl got drunk and started throwing herself at any guy who showed her a bit of attention. The usual guy ended up with her. These things are so predictable.

One of my new year's resolutions is to not go to anymore Christmas parties. We have to pay for everything anyway so there's really no point. They're sh*te.