Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony WF-1000XM3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

peteeeed wrote: »

Picked up these today. That review is bang on. They're very impressive. The review's main con was no volume control on the earbuds - I don't find it an issue after a couple of hours or use. The noise cancelling is excellent as is sound quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Picked up these today. That review is bang on. They're very impressive. The review's main con was no volume control on the earbuds - I don't find it an issue after a couple of hours or use. The noise cancelling is excellent as is sound quality.

i ordered mine from amazon but its not being delivered till the 14th i think , where did you pick them up ?

i ordered mine from amazon but its not being delivered till the 14th i think , where did you pick them up ?

Sony shop in Bangkok. They got them in this morning about 10 minutes before I walked in to ask when they expected to get them!

right, ill not be nipping over there :)

right, ill not be nipping over there :)

Great town, worth a visit!

Just to follow up a after a bit more use. The sound on these is so good you forget that ANC is off. I have Bose QC 35 over ear as well and while I love them you'd definitely notice if ANC was off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I'm looking at these but have read that they're not at all sweat proof. Is this the case in your opinion?

I'm looking at these but have read that they're not at all sweat proof. Is this the case in your opinion?

Well I don't jog but it's 36 degrees in Bangkok and no issues.

They're probably not suitable for heavy exercise as they might fall out.

I was having problems with the supplied tips so bought the comply 400 and they fit great , massive improvement

comply have now made a tip for the Sony WF-1000XM3

https://www.complyfoam.com/products/tgg-truegrip/

These were €176 in Dixons Dublin Airport this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

My friend has used it. Great choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

How are these holding up folks??

Thinking of selling my Bose QE35's to fund a pair

They're great for the daily sanity walk!

It depends on what you want them for. They're fine for commuting, short flights or walking. Battery life is about 3 hours with noise cancelling on. If you're commuting it's not an issue as they'll recharge during the day. They actually recharge quickly. If you need longer than 3 hours at a stretch then they're not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

I got these this week after they hit 153 on amazon but having huge trouble finding a good fit with the included tips. Not really getting any that keeps a seal, either too small, too big (keeps popping out!) or just plain uncomfortable.

I've seen those specific ones for them on the comply site but it seems US only, anyone know where to source them this side of the pond?

Figuring out the size to chose it they aren't over here has been a challenge as they need to fit both the headset and the case. From the feedback above I guess the 400 as option as a plan B but I am keen to hear anything else that people experienced.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I got these this week after they hit 153 on amazon but having huge trouble finding a good fit with the included tips. Not really getting any that keeps a seal, either too small, too big (keeps popping out!) or just plain uncomfortable.

I've seen those specific ones for them on the comply site but it seems US only, anyone know where to source them this side of the pond?

Figuring out the size to chose it they aren't over here has been a challenge as they need to fit both the headset and the case. From the feedback above I guess the 400 as option as a plan B but I am keen to hear anything else that people experienced.

These ones?

Thomann are great to deal with but the shipping is a killer as it's a flat rate of €15 (free shipping if you spend €200 :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

These ones?

Thomann are great to deal with but the shipping is a killer as it's a flat rate of €15 (free shipping if you spend €200 :pac:)

I'd seen them show up in google shopping but never heard of them so put themin the dodgy bucket.

But the shipping kills them for now (assuming that's a Covid rate).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

But the shipping kills them for now (assuming that's a Covid rate).

Unfortunately not, it’s an “all the time” flat rate for anything under €199.

Advertisement