Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airport to leixlip

• 17-11-2018 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Hi. Some help pleasewith public transport. How can I get from dublin airport to leixlip after half ten at night weekday, without to much hassle. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,001 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Airport Hoppa to Maynooth line. Stops in Leixlip.

You can google just like we can.

https://airporthopper.ie/maynooth-timetable/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭tnegun

No need to be smart last hopper leaves for Maynooth at 21:50. An option is 747 to the city then 66 or 66A to Leixlip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Taxi.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Whenever we have people flying in, it's always a taxi they take to get to leixlip.

Another thing to consider, leixlip is pretty spread out. From the cusp of Lucan, Celbridge and maynooth. The 66s always vary depending on which part they are going to head up to. So it really depends on where in leixlip you are aiming for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Depends on night of the week.

Mon-Fri: 16 or 41 or Aircoach to Drumcondra to get the 23.21 train (last one)
    Fri or Sat: if you think you won't make the 23.21 train get the bus to city centre and get the 66N (Nitelink) from Westmoreland St.
    Sun: Very tricky. Realistically taxi is your only option as won't make the last bus from city centre (66 at 23.05).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Airport Hoppa to Maynooth line. Stops in Leixlip.

You can google just like we can.

https://airporthopper.ie/maynooth-timetable/

Pointless forum then is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

tnegun wrote: »
    No need to be smart last hopper leaves for Maynooth at 21:50. An option is 747 to the city then 66 or 66A to Leixlip

Thanks everybody.
    This is the issue. I'll use hopper outbound but coming home I'll be to late. I'm actually landing just after half ten.

So I'll look further at 747/ 66s. But was hoping not to have to walk round city that late, I'm not familiar with dublin at all. Also found a mayo/ballina bus that passes through maynooth, then a taxi to leixlip.

Would be leixlip louisabridge or there abouts is where I'll be leaving the car. Worst comes to worse I'll suck it up and spend the 50 quid on a taxi.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

n97 mini wrote: »
    Depends on night of the week.

Mon-Fri: 16 or 41 or Aircoach to Drumcondra to get the 23.21 train (last one)
    Fri or Sat: if you think you won't make the 23.21 train get the bus to city centre and get the 66N (Nitelink) from Westmoreland St.
    Sun: Very tricky. Realistically taxi is your only option as won't make the last bus from city centre (66 at 23.05).

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭thomasj

Old Perry wrote: »
    Thanks

Also to add from 9th December, there will be a 23.20ish train to leixlip from Drumcondra on Sundays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement