Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Haven't been to dentist in years

• 26-10-2018 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

As the title says I haven't been to the dentist in years. Since I was 10 or so. Over the years I have lost a few teeth, molars and pre molars. Had a couple of infections causing my cheeks to swell up. I brush one teeth once a day. I know it should do more. My gums bleed too at times when I brush them. I have bought an electric toothbrush and I don't seem to have much plaque apart from a bit at the back of the bottom front teeth.

I'm not scared of the dentist but I'm embarrassed to go now because it's been so long and the way I let my teeth go. I'm based in Leitrim.

So has anyone any helpful suggestions and who's the best dentists around. I've been thinking of maybe Sweeneys or Doyles in Carrick but both expensive I think and funds are extremely tight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Dianthus

Recommendations by PM only.
    OP you may qualify for a free dental examination under the PRSI- ask a dental practice to check your PPS number with the department.
    Once you get a treatment plan& estimate , then go from there.
    Embarrassment is wasted- it's like tidying a messy room; it's great to have a "before"& "after" transformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭woody84

Just bumping this up abit ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I had bleeding gums for years and not been to a dentist in around 10 years.

Dentist recommend to use corsodyl mouthwash and it worked 100%

I've been using everday for the last two years and my gums are now in great condition.

Dont be embarrassed about the condition of your teeth with regards to the dentist as its his/hers profession and im sure they see all sorts.

Book yourself an appointment with the dentist for a deep clean and take it from there, the dentist will recommend getting a general clean every six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭woody84

I tried that Corsydol but it left my mouth with a sort of a burnt feeling and couldn't taste food properly for hours after it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

woody84 wrote: »
    I tried that Corsydol but it left my mouth with a sort of a burnt feeling and couldn't taste food properly for hours after it

Use the gel maybe? I find the taste goes away faster.

• Advertisement
Advertisement