Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miele/Neff/Siemens/Bosch deals?

Options
  • 13-08-2017 3:08pm

I need to fit out a kitchen and utility room with everything. With sterling and the euro expected to reach parity in the coming months, I'm thinking it might be worthwhile driving across the border.

Where is the cheapest place in the north to buy the above brands?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Fuaranach wrote: »
    I need to fit out a kitchen and utility room with everything. With sterling and the euro expected to reach parity in the coming months, I'm thinking it might be worthwhile driving across the border.

Presume you got sorted by now but in case you didnt here's what i posted in another thread. I have no affiliation to them in any way other than I have bought a few things there. I got some Bosch gear but I know they do Neff, Mile etc.

Watters Electrical near Culloville. It's only around 5 mins off junction 17 on the M1 (around Dundalk).

I fitted out a kitchen with them over a year ago and used them for other items as well and they are always great to deal with. They will price stuff over email as well which can be handy if you are not nearby.

I think they deliver to Dublin also but not sure on that.

https://www.facebook.com/watterselectricalltd/
    http://www.watterselectrical.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,108 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

As quick as it fell, the pound has rebounded.

93p low on 29-Aug.

Now at 89.9pence.

A 3p gain in under two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Fuaranach wrote: »

Some analysts are saying to will reach 95p (just one is sayng parity), some are saying it will reach 85p.

Those saying it will reach 95p are the same ones that aid the Eur/USD rate would hit €1/$1 last March - its now over $1.20.

Take hysterical media and analysts commentary with a pinch of salt. Fundamentals of the UK economy would suggest 85p will be reached before 95p - but again that's just surmising basd on current conditions. One wrong word from Theresa May and it can shoot up / down with no regard to fundamentals.

Most important thing to consider for any electrical products is the warranty. From March 2019 you may have to rely on UK consumer warranty.

Advertisement