Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

loud eating

• 24-09-2013 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Ok so don't know if this is the right place but here we go

I can't help but get completely infuriated when people eat loud or talk with there mouth full, is this normal? I think it is compleat ignorance what do the boardsies think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Tá sé deacair thú a tuiscint. B'fhéidir go bhfuil tú ag iarridh labhairt le béal lán? Chríochnaigh do bhia ar dtús agus ansin rá arís é.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moved to AH from Teach an nGealt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Think the WORST culprits for this would be the Chinese... <_<;

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Personally, I start fuming when someone sits beside me and eats, but their sinus is blocked. All you can hear is the near constant, heavy breathing and chewing. :mad:

I even annoy myself sometimes. Have to put on some music to drown out the sounds of my own eating noises. #firstworldproblems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Loud chewing can be pretty damn annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

This and slurping while drinking tea/coffee.
    One of my work colleagues is the worst of the lot at this just does not stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Pet peeve tbh, manners cost nothing. Even worse if they talk at you while eating and shower you in semi-masticated contents from their own mouth while doing so :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Eating loud doesnt bother me in slightest
    I do it myself.
    But nothing annoys me more than when people are talking loud while on the phone.
    The middle Europeans are the worst for it and the Spanish N.O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

--Kaiser-- wrote: »

It's even worse when they start to hum-a-long with their gnashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

People banging cutlery off their teeth while eating. I hate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

It's believed to be a neurological disorder called misophonia. Definitely something I have. I was getting my bus pretty much the full way (which I haven't done in years) and some tool sat behind me and I heard every single chew of his chewing gum as if it was right in my ear. Torture. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I find it esepcially annoying when it's particular people tho, which in itself is interesting.

Google misophonia. Someone close to me has it. Such a pain. Have to eat in separate rooms and concious all the time when eating/drinking as the other person, while they dont go buts like you see on some youtube videos, harbour up resentment. Really horrible.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It should be punishable by death to eat noisily in public. The quiet bits at the start of films in cinemas when every c*nt is rattling a bag or a popcorn box, crunching nachos or other noisy crap make me want to go on a murderous rampage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

My auldfella pauses mid sentence for a few seconds then shovels in more food before continuing his story. Does my head in.

Love you Da but sometimes I want to nut you one.

-Funk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I had to walk out of the canteen today because I felt a murderous rage brewing from listening to ****ers chew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It pisses me off too. Also George Hook.. the way he breathes into the mic when interviewing people is fcuking disgusting and infuriating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

A good, loud masticate is vital for the digestive process...

Advertisement