Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

connection audio bluetooth device to MacBook Air

• 13-09-2018 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Trying to connect my MacBook Air to an audio device that uses bluetooth.I managed to pair the device to macbook but when I [lay video on lap tooth sound comes through the laptop still and not through the audio device.Any ideas how I can resolve this. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Go to System Preferences > Sound > Output, and make sure the bluetooth output device is listed and connected.

An easy way to access this in the future is to check the "show volume in menu bar" checkbox - a speaker icon will appear in the menubar that when clicked on, will list all of the possible output devices available at that particular time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Snapgal

mike_ie wrote: »
    Go to System Preferences > Sound > Output, and make sure the bluetooth output device is listed and connected.

An easy way to access this in the future is to check the "show volume in menu bar" checkbox - a speaker icon will appear in the menubar that when clicked on, will list all of the possible output devices available at that particular time.

Thanks a million for reply.Tried that but when I bring up output my device does not show up even though am connected to it.Only internal speakers of laptop show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

If your device isn't listed and no sound is playing through it, what's making you think you're "connected to it"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Snapgal wrote: »
    Thanks a million for reply.Tried that but when I bring up output my device does not show up even though am connected to it.Only internal speakers of laptop show up.

Then it' s connection issue. If the device is listed under bluetooth, remove it and try pairing it to your MacBook again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

is it paired with another device aswell? it may be connected, but if its already connected to a second device, this 2nd device takes preference and the sound will be via the 2nd device,

If there is a 2nd device, Disconnect the 2nd device and try again

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
Advertisement