Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying of used scope

Options
  • 27-09-2020 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello Guys,

In my previous thread I have received a few very useful tips which helped me to decide what kind of scope and mount should I pick as my first setup for astrophotography. It's gonna be the Sky-Watcher Evostar 80ED DS-Pro & HEQ5 PRO mount.

Due to it's unavailability in EU stores or even if I can find it somewhere prices are veeeeery high I have started to consider to buy it 2nd hand, but I am a bit afraid of getting something faulty. Even if I would pick it up personally my lack of experience in this matter could cause I will be left with faulty scope or mount.

Usually it is 4-5 years old equipment in very good condition as per sellers, but who knows.

My question is: is it safe and what should I pay attention to? What should I be aware of? What kind of additional questions should I ask seller to be more secured?

Thanks for your tips,
    Raf

Advertisement