Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham Hotspur Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I see the team moron is at it again:
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52740861

Absolute fool. Get rid of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭Glebee

I see the team moron is at it again:
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52740861

fcuking gimp, what do some of these lads be thinking. Never win anything with the likes of that. More interested about there image.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Didn’t have to even click on the link to know who the culprit and what the crime was. What a moron. Get rid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Clive Allen birthday today. What an absolute legend. He scored 49 goals in the 86/87 season. First season i started supporting the best team in the world.

Haven’t been posting much. Not sure what’s going to happen this season. On the one hand we have our players back but on the other I don’t want it to effect next season. Was offering opinions in the Premier League thread of possible outcome but the toxicity there is unbearable. One guy even called my professional expertise into question based on a throwaway comment. Can’t wait until we are banging 5 or 6 past every team.

Looking forward to the banter back here too.

joe, its good to see you

you might be the only man might get me looking forward to the return of football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

clive was good but he had some supply line behind him

that thread you mentioned joe is a crazy place, yu take ur life in your own hands offering opinions in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

PFA and Sportswriter Player of the year in 86-87.
    Some finisher !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

The ongoing saga of Luis Campos.

He definitely joining...hes not. No, he is !.... No, Hes not.
    He is, no, no way.

"Campos made his name as sporting director at AS Monaco FC from 2013 to 2016.
    He oversaw the transfers of Radamel Falcao, João Moutinho, James Rodríguez, Fabinho, Anthony Martial, Ricardo Carvalho, Dimitar Berbatov, Bernardo Silva, Tiémoué Bakayoko, Geoffrey Kondogbia, and Thomas Lemar amongst others.

Kylian Mbappe – Cost: £0, Sale price: £166m
    Nicolas Pepe – Cost: £9m, Sale price: £72m
    Thomas Lemar – Cost: £0, Sale price: £63m
    James Rodriguez – Cost: £38.4m, Sale price: £63m
    Anthony Martial – Cost: £4m, Sale price: £57.6m
    Benjamin Mendy – Cost: £11m, Sale price: £49.2m
    Fabinho – Cost: £0, Sale price: £43.7m
    Bernardo Silva – Cost: £12.1m, Sale price: £43m
    Tiemoue Bakayoko – Cost: £0, Sale price: £40m

you have to look and see the culture of the club and it's aims also

if we accept that spurs are a club that buys players to develop them into superstars and makes a mint selling them when it works out, with the football results ancillary to this, lovely.

i seem to recall many ppl not wanting this

and it also rests on your coaching and selection staff actually *improving* these players, a whole nother ballgame

theres a reason these director of football superstars always seem to work best at middling clubs, that roster above isnt much good to monaco is it?

you have to look and see the culture of the club and it's aims also

if we accept that spurs are a club that buys players to develop them into superstars and makes a mint selling them when it works out, with the football results ancillary to this, lovely.

i seem to recall many ppl not wanting this

and it also rests on your coaching and selection staff actually *improving* these players, a whole nother ballgame

theres a reason these director of football superstars always seem to work best at middling clubs, that roster above isnt much good to monaco is it?

That's Enic mantra ….. Buy small, Sell big.

Interesting though that Jose (seemingly) wants Campos on board.
    Jose's mantra is usually big Big names, not develop potential …

• Advertisement

It will be interesting to see if the season does come back what Spurs will show up. Should be picking from a full squad. Seems to be the case that it will return. Just shows its all about the money at the end of the day.

greenspurs wrote: »
    That's Enic mantra ….. Buy small, Sell big.

Interesting though that Jose (seemingly) wants Campos on board.
    Jose's mantra is usually big Big names, not develop potential …

yeah, its an interesting one

but grading a football director on his successes is like grading a player on his youtube reel

yeah, its an interesting one

but grading a football director on his successes is like grading a player on his youtube reel

Id agree, but hes doing something right if hes unearthing the likes of those players !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Come off it Ormus, any person under the age of 12 that picks a particular team does so with at a reasonable expectation that the team will have at least some on field success and the trophies to show for it.

Aside from kids who simply follow the same team olas their dad/guardian, what 8-12 year old honestly picks a team because of their style of play or club history.

Look each to their own Donkey, I started supporting Spurs cos I loved watching Gazza and Waddle play, simple as that.

I don’t totally get the trophies thing. Don’t get me wrong I’d love for us to win the league or Champions League, or to a lesser extent the FA Cup, but it’s not the be all and end all for me. It’s not like I get the trophy myself or anything.

For me I’ve really enjoyed most of the last twelve years or so under Harry and Poch, watching exciting Spurs sides playing well against big teams.

Fair enough Greenspurs said he started supporting Spurs after they won the FA Cup twice in a row, but anyone who started supporting Spurs from the late 80s onwards because they wanted to support a successful team needs their head examined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,915 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Anyone watching the thing on TV with Harry Redknapp managing ex pros from the 90s taking on the French national team (vets)... Its the second season, last year they beat the Germans but I never heard of the programme till now. Harry's legends it's called...

Happy Birthday to one of our greatest …… ( belated... but any excuse to watch "that" against "them" :) )

Paul Gascoigne !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwNAZFHHirg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVMaIUSeRxA

So, it seems a person close to the Spurs camp/team has been confirmed positive for Covid 19, might not be a player but knowling our luck its Kane who will be out..:D:D

Glebee wrote: »
    So, it seems a person close to the Spurs camp/team has been confirmed positive for Covid 19, might not be a player but knowling our luck its Kane who will be out..:D:D

Some funny comments on social media...

Only positive thing for Spurs in 20 years...
    Its not Lloris , he cant catch anything .
    Harry Kane has claimed it
    More positive tests than trophies
    Odd for Spurs to get a positive result
    NDombele - he'll do anything to not play
    Its ok - they never get nearer the opposition players anyway
    They can self isolate in the trophy room - theres nothing else in there

Its not supposed to be a 1st Team - key player ?

Some funny comments on social media...

Only positive thing for Spurs in 20 years...
    Its not Lloris , he cant catch anything .
    Harry Kane has claimed it
    More positive tests than trophies
    Odd for Spurs to get a positive result
    NDombele - he'll do anything to not play
    Its ok - they never get nearer the opposition players anyway
    They can self isolate in the trophy room - theres nothing else in there

Its not supposed to be a 1st Team - key player ?

Could be anybody.. Did I see something about some players being injured and might not be available for the first match back??:eek:

Tottenham borrow £175mill off Bank of England .

Wheres all our money going ?

• Advertisement

New transfer warchest:D:D

Big Joe is buying himself a new yacht.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A look at this thread on twitter would give some indication of why Spurs may need working capital over the next year.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1245594256841924619

- Protect against needing to sell players which has raised a lot of money in the past.
    - TV Revenue will be down on last season
    - Match day income will be down on last season
    - Income from the stadium's use for other events will be curtailed
    - Wages are up over 30million, Poch will have been paid off and Jose will be on good money.
    - May not be able to sell naming rights for the stadium in current climate
    - A failure to qualify for Champions League next season or a reduced European season will have a huge impact - see Spurs €102million income for Final of Champions League compared to Arsenals €39million for Europa League Final.

Also from their accounts almost 70 million is due (since the last accounts) on loans for the stadium (after the restructuring of debt), 33million is due on players already bought.

2 friendlies coming up .

Norwich , and then Reading.

Hopefully all goes well, and no injuries.

Anyone excited about Ryan Fraser maybe joining us for free? I’m not

hes a premier league performer, decent age, no fee, wages wont be huge.

this squad is not deep and its not too many of them have actually performed the past while. as backup/competition hes certainly not a bad option.

ive no problem with the signing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Ormus wrote: »
    Anyone excited about Ryan Fraser maybe joining us for free? I’m not

not going to get the fans going, but id say all our business this summer is going to be free transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,915 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I guess Fraser made it clear to Bournemouth that he wasn't going to sign a new contract and was going to leave on a free as he hasn't played much this season but the previous season he had 12 assists in an average team so there's potential.

Could see Jose deploying him in a similar role to how he used Willan and Pedro in his last stint at Chelsea. You wouldn't exactly build your team around them but important players non the less.

• Advertisement

For me he’s a player who at the age of 26 has only had one good full season and then decided to run down his contract.

He’ll warm the bench on massive wages. Even at his best he’d barely make our team and he hasn’t been at his best this season.

I think we’ll sign him

Advertisement