Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/Champions League Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Patser wrote: »
    Rebel - I think I was one of those you were responding to.

I still stand by it - kind of - Bamford definitely was the one to stand/stamp on Mings. In the replayes to me it looked like a stamp, but replays can be misleading compared to real time and I'm willing to say it could have been accidental.

But I think there's less doubt that he threw his leg high up into the air - over his head actually - to try claim he was fouled and get a peno. I can understand Mings frustration, to be stood on and then watch that player go down claiming you did it - although never great to see one of your players grab an opponent, always a risk of a red card for retaliation.

As you say, you're not a Villa fan, so there is history here with Bamford for exactly this behaviour a few seasons ago, that did get a Villa player sent off

Bamford is incredibly irritating. But it was pretty clear to me that someone’s laces got caught on the other’s studs which caused his leg to react like that. Mings obviously felt very little contact and assumed the worst and reacted stupidly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

In the first half, I though I saw a challenge in the box where Konsa deliberately fell on Bamford and looked like he could of avoided landing on him.
    Commentators didn't mention it, maybe I'm imagining it, but when I saw it, I just thought Konsa has left something on him there.

Did anyone else spot that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Yep, defo did. Very minor though. Did Klich do something similar to Grealish, kind of leaned his fist into his face while Grealish was on the ground.

You can see how annoying both players would be to opposing team!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭pavb2

Did anyone else think the grass was a bit too short tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,977 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Patser wrote: »
    Rebel - I think I was one of those you were responding to.

I still stand by it - kind of - Bamford definitely was the one to stand/stamp on Mings. In the replayes to me it looked like a stamp, but replays can be misleading compared to real time and I'm willing to say it could have been accidental.

But I think there's less doubt that he threw his leg high up into the air - over his head actually - to try claim he was fouled and get a peno. I can understand Mings frustration, to be stood on and then watch that player go down claiming you did it - although never great to see one of your players grab an opponent, always a risk of a red card for retaliation.

As you say, you're not a Villa fan, so there is history here with Bamford for exactly this behaviour a few seasons ago, that did get a Villa player sent off

Ah gotcha, thanks for providing the context! The reaction makes more sense now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Guys I understand the Bamford dislike (from a villa point of view) but seriously Grealish does a lot worse and more often. Can we al least agree on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Nakamba for Barkley and trying to build some sort of defensive structure probably should have happened but easier to say in retrospect. Think we've just been done by a well drilled team, they murdered Cash all night despite him personally not doing a whole heap wrong.

It'll be a familiar sight in the games we lose this season we don't have the squad to make meaningful changes. Watkins and Barkley were both dreadful which didn't help. Hopefully we see a big reaction against Southampton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Nakamba for Barkley and trying to build some sort of defensive structure probably should have happened but easier to say in retrospect. Think we've just been done by a well drilled team, they murdered Cash all night despite him personally not doing a whole heap wrong.

It'll be a familiar sight in the games we lose this season we don't have the squad to make meaningful changes. Watkins and Barkley were both dreadful which didn't help. Hopefully we see a big reaction against Southampton

I dunno about the substitution one there being a thing you’d look in retrospect. He was truly appalling. A 2/10 at best performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Guys I understand the Bamford dislike (from a villa point of view) but seriously Grealish does a lot worse and more often. Can we al least agree on that?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭Patser

Everton losing means that with our game in hand, the title is still in our own hands to win:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Panrich

I see we're finally resurfacing after Friday night. It's mad to think that we're almost no worse off despite the defeat.

Panrich wrote: »
    I see we're finally resurfacing after Friday night. It's mad to think that we're almost no worse off despite the defeat.

Unfortunately we have Southampton next week who looked like Bayern today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

CSF wrote: »
    Unfortunately we have Southampton next week who looked like Bayern today.

Did So'ton play with a high line in defense?

We certainly did well against Liverpool who defend like that.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Did So'ton play with a high line in defense?

We certainly did well against Liverpool who defend like that.

Not as recklessly as they have in some other games

Heaton made his return today in a behind closed doors friendly against West Brom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Heaton made his return today in a behind closed doors friendly against West Brom

3-1 win, Neil Taylor, Davis and Traore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Another game PPV :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Another game PPV :(

And......our next game as well. 3 in a row is an absolute joke. I got a now tv sports pack offer thinking I'd catch most of the games.

Will teams outside the top 6 end up on PPV more? Any evidence so far?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Villa were bottom of the PPV table I saw on BBC (most times on PPV) and Everton were top, £0 to watch them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Iptv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Iptv

No idea how any of that works. Used to watch the games on Iraqi Goals but thats gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

If you have an android box, firestix, nividia shield they all run iptv as do numerous other boxes. Than you just need a sub.Prefer the ethenet over wireless as more stable condition.

Traore starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Traore starts

Bit harsh on Trez

Don’t like that lineup against a team like Southampton, who are better going forward than we are.

Very eager to be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

Don’t like that lineup against a team like Southampton, who are better going forward than we are.

Very eager to be wrong.

I'm eager to see how Traore plays today.

I was the first to criticise him within 10 mins of his debut because I'd watched him show no interest in tracking back, that attitude on your debut really irritated me.

I hope now several weeks on, he's up to speed, knows what's required of him, and puts in a shift.

As poor as Trez is in terms of quality and final ball, I can never question the unselfish shift he regularly contributes for the team.

Very eager to be wrong.

What's wrong with it? It's about discipline really, McGinn and Barkley have to play their part defensively when required.

JPA wrote: »
    What's wrong with it? It's about discipline really, McGinn and Barkley have to play their part defensively when required.
    I don't know if Traore, McGinn and Barkley are suited to playing their part defensively in their team. I'd have played one of McGinn and Barkley with Nakamba and Trez instead of Traore.

I think our start has given us some delusions of grandeur in terms of our ability to go toe to toe with better attacking teams.

• Advertisement

I don't know if Traore, McGinn and Barkley are suited to playing their part defensively in their team. I'd have played one of McGinn and Barkley with Nakamba and Trez instead of Traore.

I think our start has given us some delusions of grandeur in terms of our ability to go toe to toe with better attacking teams.

We'll see what happens. Southampton are a good team but they can be cut apart as well. We have to play to our strengths, no point changing our approach at home against the likes of Southampton.

Advertisement