Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-02-2020, 14:44   #1
Jess2019

Parklands Citywest

Hi all, we have put a booking deposit down for a 3-bed mid terrace in Parklands Citywest. This is a brand new housing development of approx 500 houses in Citywest, near the Saggart Luas Stop.

I wanted to start this thread for people to discuss and share their experiences with buying a home in Parklands.

We were advised of a change in the plans for our house type with no option to revert to the original plans. Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited by Jess2019; 05-02-2020 at 14:51.
Advertisement
05-02-2020, 21:23   #2
sparkle109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess2019 View Post
Hi all, we have put a booking deposit down for a 3-bed mid terrace in Parklands Citywest. This is a brand new housing development of approx 500 houses in Citywest, near the Saggart Luas Stop.

I wanted to start this thread for people to discuss and share their experiences with buying a home in Parklands.

We were advised of a change in the plans for our house type with no option to revert to the original plans. Has anyone else experienced this?

Congrats on the house! What sort of changes are they?
05-02-2020, 22:25   #3
Jess2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle109 View Post
Congrats on the house! What sort of changes are they?
Thank you! There is a change to the downstairs plan. On the original plan there were double doors from the living room to the dining room/kitchen. Now there is a wall, and we were told the double doors have been omitted.
05-02-2020, 23:11   #4
robo

That's a fairly significant change - are you happy with this? Do you have an option to get your deposit back, I gotta say if this was me, I'd be fairly peeved at such a change.
05-02-2020, 23:15   #5
Jess2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
That's a fairly significant change - are you happy with this? Do you have an option to get your deposit back, I gotta say if this was me, I'd be fairly peeved at such a change.
No we’re not happy. We rang the developer who told us the agent went with the wrong plans during the launch. And that there will be no double doors. They will not be going back to change them. We have our heart set on this house. We haven’t signed any contracts yet and feel like we have no choice but to go along with this change in the plans.
Advertisement
13-02-2020, 22:10   #6
thepolymath

Hi Jess2019, We are exactly in the same situation. Booked the house looking at the floor plan printed on the Brochure and now when we went to the last viewing we saw the physical house completely different. I took this matter up strongly with the H&M however they are blaming this on the developer. Even we like the house but now are not sure what to do.

Meanwhile, any ideas about the location especially about safety considering it is very close to the Lidl in Fortunestown. We presently live in North Dublin so are trying to find out more about the location.

Last edited by thepolymath; 13-02-2020 at 22:19.
14-02-2020, 14:28   #7
chevra13i

We've put a booking deposit down on a mid terrace but it's one of the three storey houses so it isn't affected by the design changes. It's exactly the same as the show house as far as I know.

When I went in to meet H&M the fella was saying they have to get the whole brochure re-printed because the developers got those plans wrong.

The area should be grand tbh, it's far enough away from the shopping centre and the Lidl to be worrying too much about the dodgy estates which are nearer Citywest Village (we did have our names down for one of them but it was too close to the Luas stop so we cancelled). There's going to be apartments going up nearby so I'd imagine it'll get quite busy but you could say the same for pretty much every affordable new development in Dublin.
15-02-2020, 23:10   #8
thepolymath

Did anyone receive confirmation on the number of parking spots allocated to the house?

When we booked, verbally it was mentioned by H&M that 1.5 parking spots will be allocated, but now they have confirmed in writing that only 1 parking spot will be allocated, at least for the Type 1 house we booked.

Furthermore, any idea on the % allocation of social housing and where they will be located?
17-02-2020, 08:50   #9
robo

Regarding the parking spaces, your neighbouring estate Cuil Duin residents were also told that they have 1.5 parking spaces for the majority of houses (4 bedroom got 2 spaces). And there were a handful of visitors spots also marked out - the biggest issue in the estate is now people parking in their neighbours spot, residents parking in visitors spaces that are residents and not leaving them available for residents visitors. Clearly most households have 2 cars, so if H&M are saying you will get 1.5 spaces (dunno how that works btw) and you have 2 cars, you will definitely have issues parking the 2nd car.

As far as I know - Cuil Duin & Parklands has the same estate agent and builders.
Advertisement
17-02-2020, 09:24   #10
Caranica

1.5 spaces is 1 space and a share in visitor parking. It's usually a nightmare with most units having 2 cars or more. Scary thing is this used to be a minimum requirement but it was done away with in the panic to build more homes. Some new developments don't even have half as many parking spaces as homes!
17-02-2020, 12:22   #11
chevra13i

I was told by H&M that it's 1.25 spaces per house so that'll only be one visitor space per four houses.

We asked where the social housing was going but understandably they're not allowed to say.
17-02-2020, 12:33   #12
robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevra13i View Post
I was told by H&M that it's 1.25 spaces per house so that'll only be one visitor space per four houses.

We asked where the social housing was going but understandably they're not allowed to say.
The allocation of parking space of 1.25 is a joke - like it doesn't make sense. So by 0.25, Parklands will have less visitor spots than Cuil Duin.
17-02-2020, 14:36   #13
Jess2019

Has anyone heard what access to the Saggart luas stop will be like?
17-02-2020, 17:50   #14
Yellow_Fern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranica View Post
1.5 spaces is 1 space and a share in visitor parking. It's usually a nightmare with most units having 2 cars or more. Scary thing is this used to be a minimum requirement but it was done away with in the panic to build more homes. Some new developments don't even have half as many parking spaces as homes!
I can confirm the 1.5 spaces per a house in CD is a problem for residents. There is Whatsapp group were people try to deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevra13i View Post

1.25 for 3 beds or 2 beds? You'd have to assume that social housing is there. It is everywhere these days.
Quote:
At the moment its not full at Saggart but it can get full at Fortunestown
18-02-2020, 13:07   #15
chevra13i

Quote:
I think the pathway from Parklands to the Luas stop will be built fairly quickly - as in before those apartments start going up.

That's what my Mrs told me anyway but I can't remember where she got that info.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion