Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-12-2016, 20:52   #16
vicwatson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby01032012 View Post
Can you give general location so we can then PM details if nearby. Ie no point giving details of one in Dublin if in Donegal.

I'm using an excellent one at moment in Dublin. Will PM details if you're in Dublin.
Why not?
Advertisement
01-12-2016, 20:55   #17
vicwatson

If you have a solicitor that you have used in the past and were happy with and purchasing or selling elsewhere in the country then just use the solicitor you've used in the past, you don't need to employ a "local" solicitor.
Thanks from:
02-12-2016, 11:57   #18
walshl5

Looking for a solicitor in Dublin - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
28-01-2017, 10:35   #19
juliet03

request for solicitor details in Dublin

Hello,

Looking for a good solicitor, didn't really find one. Would highly appreciate if you could share solicitor details please Baby01032012?
thanks
28-01-2017, 10:58   #20
juliet03

solicitor request

Hi

Can you please share solicitor details with me as well?
PM me please
thanks
Advertisement
06-04-2017, 09:35   #21
rahzor

Another Solicitor request

I too would really appreciate a PM re Solicitor recommendations please! Thanks in advance!
15-10-2017, 15:04   #22
cootel

Would love a recommendation for a solicitor in D4/D2
04-11-2017, 11:34   #23
castle33

Hello,

I am also looking for a good conveyancing solicitor in Dublin. Needs to be reliable and efficient but not necessarily the cheapest. I would appreaciate a PM if anybody has a recommendation. Thanks.
08-12-2017, 13:39   #24
Dovies

Hi folks. Had our offer accepted on a property. Now need to find a Solicitor. I have been ringing around but would appreciate any recommendations. Im in North Dublin. Thanks
Advertisement
09-12-2017, 10:52   #25
handlemaster

You dont need to use a solicitor from the area or county your buying in. Its only paper work that can be done from anywhere. If you find a solicitor is good in kerry or roscommon for example no reason not to us to buy a property in dublin. There is no great mystery on the law side of buying a property
09-12-2017, 14:59   #26
Muahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by handlemaster View Post
You dont need to use a solicitor from the area or county your buying in. Its only paper work that can be done from anywhere. If you find a solicitor is good in kerry or roscommon for example no reason not to us to buy a property in dublin. There is no great mystery on the law side of buying a property
Correct but sometimes experience in certain nuances of conveying property is essential. Not many properties in Kerry would be leasehold title whereas in Dublin many are. In that situation I would much prefer have a solicitor that deals with leaseholds all the time rather than one who hasnt dealt with one in years. The opposite can often be true too -if you were buying farmland in Kerry and problems with title arose a country solicitor would tend to be better versed than a city based one.
09-12-2017, 17:19   #27
handlemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muahahaha View Post
Quote:
Correct but sometimes experience in certain nuances of conveying property is essential. Not many properties in Kerry would be leasehold title whereas in Dublin many are. In that situation I would much prefer have a solicitor that deals with leaseholds all the time rather than one who hasnt dealt with one in years. The opposite can often be true too -if you were buying farmland in Kerry and problems with title arose a country solicitor would tend to be better versed than a city based one.
The law is the law. Doesnt matter. They will read up on any points they dont know. There's nothing special with law work. It will be replaced to a large extent over the next few years with AI.
13-12-2017, 10:21   #28
zzxx

PM sent
13-12-2017, 10:59   #29
Lumen

Quote:
The law is the law. Doesnt matter. They will read up on any points they dont know. There's nothing special with law work. It will be replaced to a large extent over the next few years with AI.

All solicitors are NOT the same. There are cases where conveyancing is badly screwed up and it takes more than a decade to resolve.
13-12-2017, 19:00   #30
Muahahaha

Quote:
My point isnt about reading up on points of law, it is about a solicitor knowing how the law works in specific circumstances and that is what a good experienced solicitor brings to the table.

Not all solicitors are created equally yet you are arguing that no matter what one you use the outcome will be the same. Well unfortunately that is not true, using a solicitor who is not experienced in what they are doing can land you in a whole world of trouble. That is why I am saying that using a Kerry solicitor to process the purchase of a property with a complex leasehold title in Dublin is not good advice. To a good Dublin solicitor leasehold titles will be bread and butter, to a good Kerry solicitor they may never have even transacted one before and no amount of reading up will mitigate the potential land mines along the way.

Last edited by Muahahaha; 13-12-2017 at 19:04.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion