Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-01-2020, 11:36   #76
Life1234

Hi All,

I am back again with more questions. We moved into The Paddocks in November & we are really enjoying it so far. It is a lovely quiet estate and Bryan was great to deal with (site Foreman). We are looking to get into The Paddocks residents WhatsApp group please? How do I go about this? Also, would anyone be able to recommend a cleaner? We are just looking for once a week 2 hours or so!

Thank you!
Advertisement
29-01-2020, 17:34   #77
Ricosruffneck

Hello to all you semi d'rs.

Quick question, how are you finding the soundproofing between you and your neighbours shared wall?
29-01-2020, 17:47   #78
tomister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricosruffneck View Post
Hello to all you semi d'rs.

Quick question, how are you finding the soundproofing between you and your neighbours shared wall?
Haven't moved in yet... hoping that based on your message I'm not going to be watching next door's TV with them...
29-01-2020, 19:55   #79
Ricosruffneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomister View Post
Haven't moved in yet... hoping that based on your message I'm not going to be watching next door's TV with them...
Oh no, I'm also buying, was just curious about the dividing wall and travelling sound.
29-01-2020, 21:28   #80
tomister

Quote:
Oh no, I'm also buying, was just curious about the dividing wall and travelling sound.
Phew! No one here has mentioned it so I'm hoping its not going to be an issue. I should be in by the end of March so will let you know what its like
Advertisement
31-01-2020, 12:53   #81
Ricosruffneck

Can anyone recommend a solicitor they used.

Also looks like im joining the gang. Nice to meet you all.

Bring on the WhatsApp groups
09-02-2020, 10:16   #82
Ricosruffneck

So I took a spin out and saw that some of the non brick finish houses are turning green or having water staining under the window sills. Then read that washing this causes the white paint to come off.

How are you planning forward. Is it a case you'll have to get a repaint with a hardier weatherproof paint in the near future?
09-02-2020, 10:55   #83
tomister

Quote:
So I took a spin out and saw that some of the non brick finish houses are turning green or having water staining under the window sills. Then read that washing this causes the white paint to come off.

How are you planning forward. Is it a case you'll have to get a repaint with a hardier weatherproof paint in the near future?
The sills need to be painted with weather proof paint which will help the staining and the house will also need to be painted again with paint that can be power washed
Thanks from:
14-02-2020, 00:08   #84
Asdaman

Hi All,

I've got an estimated completion date of March. For those who have moved in already, how realistic is this in reality?
Advertisement
15-02-2020, 20:41   #85
tomister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdaman View Post
Hi All,

I've got an estimated completion date of March. For those who have moved in already, how realistic is this in reality?
I was given mid March and am snagging this week so seem to be on track. Now with the weather this week it might delay the ground works but the valuation was carried out on Monday and he said the house itself is finished and looks well
16-02-2020, 08:10   #86
Asdaman

Great, thanks for sharing your experience. The new phase is coming along nicely anyway
18-02-2020, 12:42   #87
Kadu1234

@tomister that's great news that your snagging soon! Haven't got my snag date yet hoping for mid March to get the keys!
19-02-2020, 21:09   #88
tomister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadu1234 View Post
@tomister that's great news that your snagging soon! Haven't got my snag date yet hoping for mid March to get the keys!
Hey Kadu, was on to them today and as I thought the weather has delayed the groundworks by about 2 weeks. Looks like it’s mid March for keys for me. However it could be the same for you as it looks like the houses are good to go but the groundworks are holding everything up
21-02-2020, 15:00   #89
fo.a

Hi,

How can we be added to the WhatsApp group?

Thanks
21-02-2020, 16:15   #90
Kadu1234

@tomister, thanks for the update. It's disappointing/frustrating for you being pushed out by 2 weeks...it's feels like being in limbo at the minute waiting for keys and not being able to organise much without firm dates.

@fo.a are you in your house? I'm not in the Whatsapp yet....maybe private message someone already in their house???

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion