Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
29-01-2020, 11:36   #76
Life1234
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17
Hi All,

I am back again with more questions. We moved into The Paddocks in November & we are really enjoying it so far. It is a lovely quiet estate and Bryan was great to deal with (site Foreman). We are looking to get into The Paddocks residents WhatsApp group please? How do I go about this? Also, would anyone be able to recommend a cleaner? We are just looking for once a week 2 hours or so!

Thank you!
Life1234 is offline  
Advertisement
29-01-2020, 17:34   #77
Ricosruffneck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,299
Hello to all you semi d'rs.

Quick question, how are you finding the soundproofing between you and your neighbours shared wall?
Ricosruffneck is offline  
29-01-2020, 17:47   #78
tomister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricosruffneck View Post
Hello to all you semi d'rs.

Quick question, how are you finding the soundproofing between you and your neighbours shared wall?
Haven't moved in yet... hoping that based on your message I'm not going to be watching next door's TV with them...
tomister is offline  
29-01-2020, 19:55   #79
Ricosruffneck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomister View Post
Haven't moved in yet... hoping that based on your message I'm not going to be watching next door's TV with them...
Oh no, I'm also buying, was just curious about the dividing wall and travelling sound.
Ricosruffneck is offline  
29-01-2020, 21:28   #80
tomister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricosruffneck View Post
Oh no, I'm also buying, was just curious about the dividing wall and travelling sound.
Phew! No one here has mentioned it so I'm hoping its not going to be an issue. I should be in by the end of March so will let you know what its like
tomister is offline  
Advertisement
31-01-2020, 12:53   #81
Ricosruffneck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,299
Can anyone recommend a solicitor they used.

Also looks like im joining the gang. Nice to meet you all.

Bring on the WhatsApp groups
Ricosruffneck is offline  
09-02-2020, 10:16   #82
Ricosruffneck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,299
So I took a spin out and saw that some of the non brick finish houses are turning green or having water staining under the window sills. Then read that washing this causes the white paint to come off.

How are you planning forward. Is it a case you'll have to get a repaint with a hardier weatherproof paint in the near future?
Ricosruffneck is offline  
09-02-2020, 10:55   #83
tomister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricosruffneck View Post
So I took a spin out and saw that some of the non brick finish houses are turning green or having water staining under the window sills. Then read that washing this causes the white paint to come off.

How are you planning forward. Is it a case you'll have to get a repaint with a hardier weatherproof paint in the near future?
The sills need to be painted with weather proof paint which will help the staining and the house will also need to be painted again with paint that can be power washed
tomister is offline  
Thanks from:
14-02-2020, 00:08   #84
Asdaman
Registered User
 
Asdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 2
Hi All,

I've got an estimated completion date of March. For those who have moved in already, how realistic is this in reality?
Asdaman is offline  
Advertisement
15-02-2020, 20:41   #85
tomister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdaman View Post
Hi All,

I've got an estimated completion date of March. For those who have moved in already, how realistic is this in reality?
I was given mid March and am snagging this week so seem to be on track. Now with the weather this week it might delay the ground works but the valuation was carried out on Monday and he said the house itself is finished and looks well
tomister is offline  
16-02-2020, 08:10   #86
Asdaman
Registered User
 
Asdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 2
Great, thanks for sharing your experience. The new phase is coming along nicely anyway
Asdaman is offline  
18-02-2020, 12:42   #87
Kadu1234
Registered User
 
Kadu1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 7
@tomister that's great news that your snagging soon! Haven't got my snag date yet hoping for mid March to get the keys!
Kadu1234 is offline  
19-02-2020, 21:09   #88
tomister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadu1234 View Post
@tomister that's great news that your snagging soon! Haven't got my snag date yet hoping for mid March to get the keys!
Hey Kadu, was on to them today and as I thought the weather has delayed the groundworks by about 2 weeks. Looks like it’s mid March for keys for me. However it could be the same for you as it looks like the houses are good to go but the groundworks are holding everything up
tomister is offline  
21-02-2020, 15:00   #89
fo.a
Registered User
 
fo.a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 5
Hi,

How can we be added to the WhatsApp group?

Thanks
fo.a is offline  
21-02-2020, 16:15   #90
Kadu1234
Registered User
 
Kadu1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 7
@tomister, thanks for the update. It's disappointing/frustrating for you being pushed out by 2 weeks...it's feels like being in limbo at the minute waiting for keys and not being able to organise much without firm dates.

@fo.a are you in your house? I'm not in the Whatsapp yet....maybe private message someone already in their house???
Kadu1234 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet