Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 8 feedback thread and going forward

Options
  • 22-05-2019 11:47am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭

We've run this every season from season 5 and while this ends the epic Game of Thrones series there is still prequals etc. to come as well. Hence we open the floor to you again to give your input on how you felt Season 8 was moderated, to much, to little etc. What should continue, what do you think should stop. I know the question of book/non book threads was up but this is not likely to come up again as we move into areas without books going forward. The mods have participated in threads which have been moddded as well; did anyone think this caused a bias (it's a common complaint hence the question)?

As always your feedback does not automatically mean things will change but we use it to see if we can improve things going forward.

Thank you in advance for your input and as always play the ball rather than the player in this thread as well. Everyone have a right to give their view even if you disagree with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

I stopped using this forum in its entirely from S08E02 until the series was over because of people posting comments about episodes in previous episode threads.

Here is the thread I made about it where the general consensus was that it was my responsibility to get off the internet rather than the threads be moderated with zero tolerance.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057976567

IMO posters doing this have ruined the forum for the duration that a show is on.

....... wrote: »
    I stopped using this forum in its entirely from S08E02 until the series was over because of people posting comments about episodes in previous episode threads.

Here is the thread I made about it where the general consensus was that it was my responsibility to get off the internet rather than the threads be moderated with zero tolerance.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057976567

IMO posters doing this have ruined the forum for the duration that a show is on.

You were annoyed at a poster either saying the liked it, or they didn't like it.

For this season, that's not a spoiler. It's the most divisive season of the series ever.

I've reported actual spoilers from preview episodes, and even got a warning for backseat modding while reminding people to not do it. That's annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

I'm a bit fed up with it all now. Time to move on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Gerry G wrote: »

Exactly... Can't put lipstick on a pig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

You were annoyed at a poster either saying the liked it, or they didn't like it.

For this season, that's not a spoiler. It's the most divisive season of the series ever.

I've reported actual spoilers from preview episodes, and even got a warning for backseat modding while reminding people to not do it. That's annoying.

I didnt say it was a spoiler?

But I think posting ANYTHING (including the other stuff you mention) about the next episode in the current episode thread should be completely zero tolerance.

Because it isnt - the forum is no use to me (and maybe others?) for the duration that the show is being aired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

I think there should be 3 threads for each episode.
    1 For people that would like to complain about the episode
    1 For people who do not.
    1 For people to discuss the episode rationally

This would help reduce squabbling.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ferajacka wrote: »
    I think there should be 3 threads for each episode.
    1 For people that would like to complain about the episode
    1 For people who do not.
    1 For people to discuss the episode rationally

This would help reduce squabbling.
    The problem would be that the people in the first two groups (whom ever you wish to assign there) would argue that they belong in the third group :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Some very long posts had me wondering if some book-readers had snook into the non-book-readers threads

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wendy walsh

Gerry G wrote: »

Yes it all over now!! Next

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement