Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes recycling

Options
  • 31-03-2019 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭

Hi

Have a load of old clothes that I need to get rid of. To be honest, they are years old and no good to anyone else. Holes in them, frayed etc

I presume I can just bring these to a ‘clothes bank’ or is this only for clothes in half decent condition and can never used?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭obi604

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Garibaldi?

A lot of the clothes received in the banks are shredded anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

Clothes bins take all sorts of clothes, no matter the condition.
    Some of the groups, like Liberty Recycling, then sort them and will repurpose the good ones.
    But most of them have no quality requirements because the textiles will be shredded to make things like mattresses, insulation, or cleaning wipes.
    When clearing out old clothes its best to have 2 piles.
    Ones that are wearable, that you'd happily give to a friend or charity shop. Then another for the clothes recycling with anything stained, torn or generally worn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭obi604

Noodleworm wrote: »
    Clothes bins take all sorts of clothes, no matter the condition.
    Some of the groups, like Liberty Recycling, then sort them and will repurpose the good ones.
    But most of them have no quality requirements because the textiles will be shredded to make things like mattresses, insulation, or cleaning wipes.
    When clearing out old clothes its best to have 2 piles.
    Ones that are wearable, that you'd happily give to a friend or charity shop. Then another for the clothes recycling with anything stained, torn or generally worn out.

Thank you !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Charity shops also make a lot of money from recycling clothes. So they will take the warn out stuff just the same as the saleable stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 nikibella

i think that Noble cause shops likewise rake in tons of cash from reusing garments. So they will take the caution out stuff simply equivalent to the saleable stuff. also we deal in this category here if anyone needs help you guys can contact me freely

Advertisement