Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Painting woodwork using same paint as walls

• 06-02-2020 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

I've decided to paint the bottom half of my hallway (divided by a newly installed dado rail) the same colour as the woodwork, so doors, architraves and skirting.

I'm using dulux easycare for the walls and Ive been told I could get dulux easycare satinwood tinted to the same colour but that the finish wont look the same.

So instead I am considering using a wood primer first then just use the easycare wall paint for the woodwork but I keep going back and forth on it as this option may not be as durable.

Advice appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,767 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Your doors are a different surface to the walls anyway, so using satin finish will not be an issue - I have one room where I have matt on the walls and the same satin on the doors and it works well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

paint will flake /chip from woodwork with any impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭zapper55

Looksee which brand did you use and would you have any pics of the wall and door? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,767 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I used Colourtrend which I was absolutely happy with. The dark colours especially are rich and deep. I don't think photos would really show the effect but I was happy with it. I have two colours in a room. A dark colour and a very light one. One door is painted in the light colour in satin finish against the dark wall, another door is in the light satin against the light colour (its a door to a walk in wardrobe and I did not want it to be a feature). I do think the one where the light door is against the dark looks very good, the other one is a bit unremarkable as it is just the same colour.

I would not particularly choose to do same on same in a big area as I don't think it is interesting enough. I am just saying that the matt and satin in the same colour look ok together, I would not use matt on the paintwork, and you have to decide what to do with the architraves.

Advertisement