Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing A Smart All In One Controller

Options
  • 23-02-2020 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I’m looking at having my old Danfoss thermostat and programmer replaced with an all in one controller. I’ll be getting my nephew to do the work.

There is an issue that puzzles me. The old thermostat/timer resided in my back hall. However some time back I built an extension and it’s door has become the main entrance, as I want it.

Now my back hall is a cold hall, I mean COLD 🥶 ( tiles were all the fashion back then, and it was tiled from top to bottom, not my doing 🤓 .) Anyway I’m wondering if this is an OK place to keep the new controller, or should it be in a slightly warmer room.

If necessary I would have it moved but that will cost money, having to shift wires and probably have to re-decorate if there is tracking and all that sort of stuff to be done. Hopefully I can do a simple replace job. I’m looking at Nest and Hive

Advertisement