Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Garden Storage Box

Options
  • 16-02-2020 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking for a wooden garden storage box like the one below and wondered if anyone could point me to somewhere that sells them, Dublin preferably or better yet, online with delivery to Dublin?

Has to be wooden as need to store heavy items and already busted through a couple of plastic boxes.

I have searched everywhere I can think of and can find multiple different ones available in the UK but no delivery to Ireland.

Any help appreciated!

503044.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭phormium

Have you a Homebase anywhere near you? Their website is the UK version but they have some wooden storage, well they had last summer anyway! I saw lots in the Limerick shop at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Try suppliers of barna type sheds

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

phormium wrote: »
    Have you a Homebase anywhere near you? Their website is the UK version but they have some wooden storage, well they had last summer anyway! I saw lots in the Limerick shop at the time.

I didn't actually visit homebase but I rang and asked had they got any. There weren't very knowledgeable as to what they had and offered me a completely different type of storage unit.

I don't drive so can't really go on wild goose chases so am looking for a 'yes, we definitely have them' or someone who can tell me where for certain they have them, but many thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I see a lot of them now located in front gardens in our suburban areas where garages/side entrances are rare. People use them to house bins or bikes perhaps? Many have manufacturers label on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭phormium

I happened to be in Homebase in Limerick yesterday and they have nothing in the line of garden storage, however that is probably more because it is early in gardening season rather than them not doing them anymore. Garden Centre bit was fairly bare.

phormium wrote: »
    I happened to be in Homebase in Limerick yesterday and they have nothing in the line of garden storage, however that is probably more because it is early in gardening season rather than them not doing them anymore. Garden Centre bit was fairly bare.

Many thanks for that info. Homebase was probably my last resort so you've saved me the bother :)

I tried B&Q as they have one on their website but not available in Ireland.

I've also tried a few Shed manufactures and again a no go.

They would be fairly easy to make but was trying to save the bother and besides, the timber required, adds up to almost the same price as I am seeing online. If only I could get one :rolleyes:

I'll wait until further in the season and try again.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. It's much appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Have you tried adverts, there seems to be some ads for suppliers there.

If no luck there maybe someone who makes custom kennels might be idea as someone could made you one without a traditional opening for an animal?

Have you tried adverts, there seems to be some ads for suppliers there.

If no luck there maybe someone who makes custom kennels might be idea as someone could made you one without a traditional opening for an animal?

Yes I tried adverts and Done Deal. I can find plastic and metal but not wooden.

I would imagine that the cost to have one custom made would be beyond what I'm willing to pay.

If it comes down to it, I'll make them myself but am trying to avoid that. I already have a huge project going on and don't feel like adding more work to it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I’ve no connection with this but saw it on adverts, the ad says they make kennels, maybe they could make what you need affordably.

I don’t know what size you need, their large kennel is €90

https://www.adverts.ie/18620987

Sorry, if I’m way off the mark here

• Advertisement

I’ve no connection with this but saw it on adverts, the ad says they make kennels, maybe they could make what you need affordably.

I don’t know what size you need, their large kennel is €90

https://www.adverts.ie/18620987

Sorry, if I’m way off the mark here

Not way off the mark at all. Any suggestion welcome :)

I'll send them a message and see what they come back with.

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭xper

There are some wooden garden storage items in this list:
    https://www.vidaxl.ie/g/7310/outdoor-storage-boxes
    I got a garden bench in the same range from these guys last year and it is good quality. Delivery took a couple of weeks though, think it came from France.

Ikea do small ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Would you clad a metal storage box in wood? All the strength and durability of a metal box, without looking too industrial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

xper wrote: »
    There are some wooden garden storage items in this list:
    https://www.vidaxl.ie/g/7310/outdoor-storage-boxes
    I got a garden bench in the same range from these guys last year and it is good quality. Delivery took a couple of weeks though, think it came from France.

Ikea do small ones too.

Bought these ones 2 years ago and still going strong

https://www.vidaxl.ie/e/8718475919568/vidaxl-planter-100x50x40-cm-fsc-wood-rectangular

Thanks for that. I actually checked out all of the vidaxl storage boxes and all of them have dreadful reviews.

The planter you got looks great and really strong but unfortunately, the storage boxes are apparently be made of very flimsy timber.

Advertisement