Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sabbath

Options
  • 02-05-2005 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Dont you love it when you listen to a band for the first time and youve got their whole back catalogue to listen to for the first time. Ive just discovered Black Sabbath and it reminds me of when I listened to Led Zeppelin first a couple of years ago. Its awesome stuff! I listened to Paranoid and now im listening to Master of Reality. Monstrous riffs! What do people reckon is their best album????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

their first self titled album imo, nativity in black has to be one of the greatest songs of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

I havent listened to the first album yet but I will later. War Pigs on Paranoid and After forever from the third album are my favourites so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I really like Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, good album that. They're playing Donnington festival this year, really wish I had a ticket because its pretty much a homecoming gig....

Will Ozzy be with them? Is it the original line up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

One of the best bands ever IMO. They lost it towards the end though, with **** albums like 'Never Say Die' (when Ozzy was off his tits).

Favourite album would be hard to say... favourite songs.. .hmm

Paranoid, Iron Man, War Pigs, NIB, Snowblind... ahhh ****, there's too many of them. Back then, every song on an album was listenable! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Neo# wrote:
    Will Ozzy be with them? Is it the original line up?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

That'd be a good gig.

Mmmm .. original line-up :)

My fav songs are: War Pigs, IronMan, & Fairies wear Boots

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

There's a Q legends book out this month for a tenner in Easons, all about the Ozzman and covering his time in Sabbath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is a great album

I remember years ago when I got a loan of that and a best of album, I think it was called The Sabbath Collection, not sure tho, but there was a great song on it, I used to get the title mixed up with Spiral Architect, and now I have The Best Of Black abbath and thats not on it, Fluff was another great song imo, and thats not on the best of either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Did i not read somewhere that Ozzy was fired from Black Sabbath again? I remember seeing something a few weeks ago. May not be true.

• Advertisement

Kernel wrote:
    There's a Q legends book out this month for a tenner in Easons, all about the Ozzman and covering his time in Sabbath.

I read that! It was great stuff. If anyone is interested in Black Sabbath they would really like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

They had lots of good albums but one stands head and shoulders above all of em its: SABOTAGE .....no one even has mentioned it here?..sheeeesh whats the world coming to, I d have thought all you metalers would have spotted/known that one?!..hahh...anyway yeahh terrific album most dynamic too and best sound quality also...

had about 6 or 7 of their albums on vinyl have sabotage on cd...perhaps i should get the rest on cd now good band no doubt.

ciao' amigos...Baggio...

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Marts wrote:
    I used to get the title mixed up with Spiral Architect

A National Acrobat? I always get those 2 mixed up.
    Dunno why, they don't sound alike...

Best album's Paranoid tbh.
    Sabbath Bloody Sabbath coming in a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Any of their first 6 albums are excellent. My favourite is Black Sabbath though, it freaked me out first time I heard it

The third track on that is excellent. The album as a whole isnt as good as some of their later ones I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

50 years ago today the first album was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Good article here about the artwork for the first four albums, including quotes from the girl who appeared on the cover of the first album, finally breaking her silence.

It's mad to think that the album was recorded in one day, and the band didn't know what it looked or sounded like until they were given copies of the finished record!

Advertisement