Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bosch dishwasher not heating water

• 16-04-2017 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

bosch dishwasher not heating water. Can it only be the heater pump causing this problem?
    can i test this device?
    there is 2 plug sockets the one on the right of photo i tried with a multimeter and it measures 40 ohms.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

the heater is where the three contacts are, inside one is earth and outer two are to the heater coil followed by the small push in pair of wires that read temp. outer ones are for motor, these pumps are problematic with heating elements which cannot be bought as a spare you have to buy the heat pump

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Jim79

RIght so to test the heater pump i have placed the multimeter across terminals as can be seen in the photo.

Have i placed them on the right terminals?

your photo shows two pumps, small on is the emptying pump, big one is the circulation pump which contains the heating element, the terminal block with the three heavier wires are the feed to the heater, earth live and neutral the nearest terminal to the sump is earth so check the two outer ones for continuity/resistance. the d/w will complete the cycle even with the heater falty

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Jim79

Just to make sure i understand you. i have attached this photo using the multimeter.

Is this the right place?

If it is it reads 2 mega ohms :(

you are on the correct terminals for the heating element, any I have come across had open circuit elements but looks like your one is not getting a supply from pcb, I will pm you how to investigate further

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hi The Red Ace .

Can you please send on the same info if you can . I’ve the exact same issue . No heat during drying and was tripping the rcd intermittently before it gave in . Thanks

To test it do the same procedure as Jim 79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Yip . Heat pump gone . 160 Euro is not worth for a replacement . New machine for 350 . Not worth fixing . Terrible redundancy but that is modern appliances .

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭necstandards

Hi - seems to be having the same problem. Tripping circuit breaker and not heating up. Checked the HP terminals & have an open circuit.
    1. Heat pump
    https://www.buy-spares.ie/dishwasher/smv40c40gb44/heat-pump/product.pl?pid=5300423&shop=bosch&path=128593&refine=pump&model_ref=13026802

2. Heat pump assembly.
    https://www.buy-spares.ie/dishwasher/smv40c40gb44/heat-pump-assembly/product.pl?pid=5244066&shop=bosch&path=128593&refine=pump&model_ref=13026802

i dont understand what the difference is, or which one i need. Appreciate some advise here please.

either will do, one has larger motor windings, if you are replacing it check the part number of your faulty one and email the supplier for a like replacement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭StephenS147

If it's the element that's causing the RCD to trip (which is usually the case) you can purchase the element separately for 20eur including P&P from the guy in this video below. He has left his email in the comment section of it.

Check the 4:10min mark for how he tests the element. Or if it is the pump he also may have one lying around as I busted the rubber seal for the element and he sent one for free along with the element.

I'm just after replacing mine today and it works a treat.

If your element / pump is different he may be able to help you out. He's very quick to respond to emails.

Here's that thread of mine: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058048685

Here's that video.

Advertisement